Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, DSO guys! It's been a while since I've been on here, I've talked to a couple of you on Facebook but mostly I've been a stranger.

Some of you might remember this hatch I spent a few year building:

Went 12.4 on 15ish psi. Turned it up to peg the boost gauge levels and exploded 2 trans in 5 days then ripped the traction bar out of the frame rail, so bye bye hatch.

These were pretty rough times for me. Ended a long term relationship, lost my apartment, buried in debt, hated my job, lost myself in booze and drugs, just a real bad place to be in. Decided I needed to build another car so I hit up my buddy Jun (jvtec on here) to see if he knew anyone with a rusted hatch I could put my swap into, cut up and race to keep me busy. 30 seconds later, he finds me a solid eg sedan shell in WI for $500. Hopped in his s2k, bought the car, called a buddy with a trailer and dragged it back home.

Car was filthy:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spent some time cleaning

2" cockroach

pulled off the stupid quarter panel trim

The car hadn't spent much time in the midwest but the salt had already aken it's toll.

Took off the rear bumper and tail lights, took all the rust down to bare metal and undercoated

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Plenty of free rust prevention supplies. Perks of being in the industry

Decided to attack the trunk water leaks while the rear end was apart. Previous rear end accident had split the seam sealer.

Grinding away

new seam sealer in the trunk, glad I'm not a body man

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta attack these couple bubbles real soon

The bottom bubble goes all the way to the other side so going to grind it away, panel bond some sheet metal to the inside, add a little filler, p.o.r. 15 to the inside and some factory touch up paint to the outside.

Gotta attack the interior with some thorough detailing. Car will remain a full weight street car.

This is the swap going in her.
A6 block
p72 rods
vitaras
z6 head
Rocket y7 cam
hf manifold
evo 8 16g

Will be grabbing a y8 trans, all the auto to manual swap stuff and a new windshield in the next coupe weeks. Should be ready to make hot water in 3 weeks and move under it's own power in 5 weeks.

Thanks for watching and stay tuned.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like nothing but good things to come, especially with jun helping you out ;). I also have a sedan i'm building although it's an EK.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wish we could fuck with EK around here. We have obd2 emissions testing so all the ek are either almost stock or have k-pro. There;s a bunch of nice ek for cheap locally.
I'm in Central IL and I don't have to deal with any of that. I just go to the DMV license it and that's it.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Keep your head up man, better things will come. Will get this biatch sedan in the 11s no doubt

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last update for a few weeks as I decided tonight that I'm moving across the county this weekend.

More rust prevention:

This stuff is awesome. It's like a super hard epoxy that sticks to rust and prevents it from being exposed to air and spreading

Swapped my front coilovers from the hatch onto the sedan.
Best way to pop ball joints or tie rods ever:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sitting pretty with the daisy's from the hatch

I'm broke and my truck was on empty and the sedan will be run on ethanol, so this happened:

And that's all for now. Gotta get this moving shit handled and I'll be right back at it in a few weeks. Gotta buy a trans and get everything bolted down so I can get all the turbo stuff to fit, repair one more spot of rust, finish detailing the interior and go thru the suspension so I dont die.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
The struggle is real. Let me know if you need a hand I can throw in some in need be.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This happened

Running 5 speed donor car with a new windshield and all the trim pieces the white car needs. I've got 30 hour of shop time at the beginning of this week so the white sedan will move under it's own power by Wednesday. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
...oh man, in for next update as well. Nice job getting the white one cleaned up, I like the undercoating behind the lights.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Car made noise today. Tried to start it before I filled the cooling system. No CEL, no prime, output from a13 to main relay, 12v and ground at main relay, prime and cel when ground applied to main relay pin 8, swapped known good ecu and main relay same thing. Stopped for a head scrathcing break and realized the water outlet at the thermostat housing was unbolted and I has no g101. Good laugh. Nothing exciting enough for pictures. Driving the car home tomorrow so I can finish it up at home drinking beer instead of coming into work on my day off.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Awesome, looking forward to seeing it in a moving picture show.....congrats.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts