Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Accord
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i sent my head out to my boy Jason & staff @ WHITFIELD for some resurfacing, dont plan to build it til it breaks. that's just me! also I cleaned up my block, w/ some micro-polishing ;) lemme know what ya think, i did the head to but doesnt look as hawt but it looks good!

HERES SOME BE4 SHOTS:

THEN SOME IN BETWEEN:

·
Registered
113 Posts
very nice very very very nice. Did you use wd40 and a polishing wheel? Looks good either way!

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Bling bling, ya'll!~

·
Registered
Accord
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
very nice very very very nice. Did you use wd40 and a polishing wheel? Looks good either way!

Wow that's the first i ve heard of it that way, I used a secret polisher I have....hehe and a wire brush

·
Registered
Accord
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The latest & greatest to help ease the starin on some parts @ 10 psi!

ARP flywheel bolts (old ones stripped from previous idiot)
ARP Headstuds ( I dont want no stinkin' lift)
Kms Block Gaurd (gotta hold them sleeves 2gether)

·
Registered
Accord
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
here are some pics of the BG finally installed! (labor provided by: My buddy)

Brief blockgaurd how to:
Install time 10 min.
skill level: B
Tools: Rubber mallet/ dead blow, Dowel pin

Set the gaurd evenly/square onto the block, gently press it down by hand to get a rough idea of fitment....

USING A RUBBER MALLET (RUBBER DEADBLOW)gently begin to tap it in from the center out (cyl. 2, 3, 1, 4) until it lays flush with the block

If you are not skilled i dont advise this part w/ the following tools you may see.....( unskilled pls. prepare: wire hanger [if you go too far], a dowel pin larger than cooling wholes, and a priest w/ some holy water!!)

In the same fashion begin to tap the gaurd gently down w/ dowel (in my case philips screw driver) until desired depth is reached 1.5mm - 2mm. must be either or depth, even all the way around, not 1.5 here & 2 there!

FINISHED PROD.FINALLY REMOVE ALL DEBRIS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts