Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after between five and six years, I'm back to the site. But never quit driving D-Series. My God...I've have taken so many motors out of Hondas and put motors in since 2013, it's ridiculous. Here is a list of cars I've been through since 2013. -

88 Prelude SI 4WS - (Helped the neighbor out with this one. Big mistake.)
95 Civic Coupe DX (still own)
98 Civic Coupe EX (still own some of it's parts)
2000 Accord - 5 speed / F23 (still own)
95 Del Sol - parts car for my project (still own)
Mazda MX3 - (bought...then sold before I ever even drove it)

Cars I currently own -
95 Civic Coupe DX - The backup beater
2000 Accord - 5 Speed F23 - The family mobile
93 Del Sol S - (my old Sol I was driving from 2013. It's a parts bitch now. Sad.)
95 Del Sol SI - (another parts bitch)
93 Del Sol SI - (My current ride)

I took most of the stuff from the 95 Sol to build this. '93 Del Sol si that has been in my driveway(s) or my yard(s) since 2009. Felt SO good to finally make the mother road worthy. It's still a work in progress. I got it on the road late last spring and spent the summer taking care of what I could with what little time I had.

Converted it from auto to manual
Basic cold air intake / header / exhaust
Stage 2 clutch
Full coilovers
Rocking a Z6 that had 76k on it...and was hooked up to an automatic trans.

There are some other things on it like front and rear tower bars (not pictured), aluminum rad and all that crap...but these aren't really upgrades or even worth mentioning. I plan on getting a more aggressive cam, upgrading the springs and retainers, picking up a socketed P28 or Vtec'n my P06 (Yes, I am no longer rocking NoTec for the time being), fucking with the final drive, street tuning and just having a fun daily. Keeping it all motor because I need it reliable.

Here is what I started with last spring -

Here's where I'm at now. Still have a shit ton of work to do. A shit ton. But it has made a big transformation.

Dirty as hell. But it is the most recent pic -

Before the coilovers and the SI wheels -

Glad to be back. Now I have some five/six year old messages to read..

I will update this as I make progress.

I should also add that my kid is obsessively into Initial D and tuners...and Hondas especially. He picks out a lot of stuff for the car. Like stickers, lips and other things that are on their way here. He also picked out the seat covers I have coming for my BDay. He rocks. The day he helps me pick out a camshaft or rods, I will know he has learned well.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Glad to see you back on the ol DSO
Wish I still had parts at the house but I have either given away or scraped all of my Honda stuff.
I took Alex at Humble like 8 ECU's last year and took 5 or 6 complete D's to scrap
Tried to give shit away locally and no one wanted it.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to see you back on the ol DSO
Wish I still had part at the house but I have either given away or scraped all of my Honda stuff.
I took Alex at Humble like 8 ECU's last year and took 5 or 6 complete D's to scrape
Tried to give shit away locally and no one wanted it.
That's funny and sad at the same time.

The same stuff would have been like throwing fish food into an aquarium a few years ago.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm still in the game as well been rocking the same car for over 13 years now and about 400k. A 95 eg coupe ex. Many storys to tell with this car. But its time to Clean it up for sale. I have its clone to replace it with in my garage. I just started working on its ground up restoration. Its a 1 owner 150k car. I stripped it down to nothing and preparing it for paint. It going to get a d series heart with come costom bits. I might start a thread about the my progress and plans. Hope to have people here help with some decisions and give me encouragement to continue.

Nasty I know the feeling of having a car for a long time and never touching it. I have own this particular car since probably 2009 or so as well but bought it just for this purpose. I now have the means and supply's to take on this big of a job. Hope to see in you future comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still in the game as well been rocking the same car for over 13 years now and about 400k. A 95 eg coupe ex. Many storys to tell with this car. But its time to Clean it up for sale. I have its clone to replace it with in my garage. I just started working on its ground up restoration. Its a 1 owner 150k car. I stripped it down to nothing and preparing it for paint. It going to get a d series heart with come costom bits. I might start a thread about the my progress and plans. Hope to have people here help with some decisions and give me encouragement to continue.

Nasty I know the feeling of having a car for a long time and never touching it. I have own this particular car since probably 2009 or so as well but bought it just for this purpose. I now have the means and supply's to take on this big of a job. Hope to see in you future comments.
That's awesome, man. Good to see people still going strong. You, sir, are a true enthusiast. When the herds come and go, people like you are still there doing it. I have a 95 Coupe DX that I need to work on as well. I love those.

I still have lots and lots of parts. I Have never quit collecting parts for future use. If you need anything to finish a project or whatever, don't hesitate to hit me up. I'll PM you my phone number.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
lol. Why was this a bad mistake? I've always liked those pooludes.
Dude, quarters were rotted to shit...but that car was SOLID. Never messed with the motor at ALL except for changing the oil. One of the most reliable cars I ever owned. I mean, it had all kinds of small issues...but the motor was bulletproof.

So the neighbor across the street had a baby girl...and not much money. I know how that shit goes. Big time. So I wanted to help him out when he needed it. He had a Mazda MX3 that he bought from some dude and it all went to hell on him during the drive home. So I told him I would trade him the Mazda for the Prelude. A car with serious issues and not much worth for a running vehicle that was worth a lot more to the right person. Anyway, he got it towed over from where he had it parked and we made the swap. We swapped titles and suddenly, I was the not-so-proud owner of a 1993 Mazda MX3...and he had a Prelude SI that would reliably get him around. I was happy for him. The only stipulation was that he couldn't sell it without asking me if I wanted it first.

So, as time went by, I fixed the issues with the MX3 while it sat in the driveway. They weren't big deals..but if you didn't know how to work on a car, you'd be kinda' screwed. I kinda' forgot about the Prelude and moved on. Right after that, I bought the '95 Coupe and needed to focus on that when I had five minutes here and there.

After about four months goes by and I see this dude come and go from his house with no Prelude. Maybe it's being worked on..maybe it's parked somewhere else. Who knows. Either way, he doesn't seem so willing to talk to me.

About a week later, I get a letter from a nearby city. I open it up, start reading and I'm confused and in shock. They claim my Prelude is in their tow yard, the police impounded it during an arrest and I owe them a TON of money. Suddenly, it all becomes clear - Dude never had the title transferred, drove it with some plate on it or some shit, got popped doing something and the car was still in my name. I was livid. It finally made sense why he was ducking me.

In the end, I just let the tow yard keep the Prelude. Which sucks because I really liked that POS. I sold the Mazda and got some money out of it...but it whole situation was a mess. I really hated the idea of that car sitting in some yard...but the money they wanted to get it out was FAR more than it was worth. The City and its police were threatening to come after me for the money...but it never actually happened. I never did a "bill of sale" (or trade in this case) because it was the neighbor. What was going to happen, right?

And THAT is why dudes like this guy never have shit work out for them.
NOT because they are down on their luck.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off subject - But I find it necessary to state that I did NOT purchase the AEM fuel rail on the Sol. It came on the intake manifold when I got it. Not a dime of my money went to purchase an aftermarket fuel rail. That is all.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
943 Posts
Off subject - But I find it necessary to state that I did NOT purchase the AEM fuel rail on the Sol. It came on the intake manifold when I got it. Not a dime of my money went to purchase an aftermarket fuel rail. That is all.
had me worried for a second....

:)

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had me worried for a second....

:)

Hah. I assure you...someone else's money purchased this stuff. It also has some really "bling" alternator and power steering pump pullies. Keep in mind that this was hooked up to an auto trans when I got it. I could not figure out why they spent their money on any of that stuff. But when I got it, I had no reason to tear anything apart just to put the stock pullies back in. If it had been anything on the crank, I would have immediately changed it back to stock.

I'm kind of in a dilemma. I have that AEM cold air intake hooked up..and it fits perfect. No BS. I have a my old Skunk2 intake mani that I want to toss on there..but when I do, it's going to throw the fitment of the CAI all to hell because it's going to bring the intake back at least 1.5". What to do....

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
idea what to do for your cai ,,involves cutting a nd pasting a coupler in there.

If it was me it would be charge piping by now..
Totally. Needs to stay SUPER reliable right now, though.

However, I have the '95 Coupe that I'm slowly working on. I need to toss in the steering rack that came on the donor Sol and a couple other things. After I get it solid, something is getting a charge pipe. Because I'm in Michigan, I'm thinking the Sol and just parking it in the winter. So tired of cars I love rusting to hell in a matter of a few years.

Ultimately, I'd like to take the coupe and having it running tip top (as trade bait)..and trade that sucker for a crx or a hatch shell. My first car was a CRX and I just miss it in so many ways. I need something with cargo space for BMX bikes and shit like that.

I've got a shit ton of intake pipe around here that I can use...but yeah, the coupler idea might have to be made into reality. That little tab for bolting it down to the frame rail just makes all the difference in the world. Love it.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More progress.
Replaced the front bumper, painted and clear coated it.
Replaced the targa top with the one I had on my original B7/ZC..painted and clearcoated.
Replaced the exhaust..
Installed a catchcan
replaced stripped and beaten strut tower brace..These things make a huge
difference with the top off.

Work I've been blowing off -
New motor mounts I haven't put on yet.
Install Skunk2 Intake mani..
timing belt..
Borla exhaust..

Attachments

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Resident noTec has vTec lol

Good work glad to see ya back again.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Resident noTec has vTec lol

Good work glad to see ya back again.
Yessir. BUT, I'm rocking a B2 converted to OBD1 with an A6 cam in
my '95 Coupe. So I'm still kinda' in the game. Not a special build, though. A dirty, grimey, go-to-the-store construction. I think I'm running a stock B7 map on it. I actually forgot.

I had a Z6 waaaaaay back in the day...and really love this one. Low miles and hooked up to an auto trans until I threw it in recently. I would like to give it a little boost if I can find a decent setup for the right price when I actually have the cash. If I piece one together, it will take waaaaay too long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts