Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need to put a motor in my Del Sol to get it going for a daily driver. I picked up a Y8 longblock the other day for $200 but the motor was sitting for a while and cylinder walls had some rust which left #2 cyl wall with a pretty pitted rust spot. A friend of mine has a d15b8 block laying around he was going to give me and I was going to do a mini-me on it. After doing the research, I came to figure out that the CR would be ~10.5:1. As I'm not looking for big power out of this motor, the CR isn't appealing to me, and it's even less appealing with the fact that if I do it, i'd have to run 93 oct as well. Well with all that said, my question is this... what kind of gas mileage could I expect from a B8/Y8 mini-me combo? In my coupe I get ~21-25mpg right now.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
21-25 MPG is horrible. You clearly don't know how to drive or your car needs a serious tune-up. Untill you change your driving habits your never going to get good gas mileage. At least 70% of gas mileage is how you drive. 60 on the highway, not racing to stop lights, coasting, shifting above 3k, etc. .

I used 89 octane on my b2/z6 mini-me with PG7 ignition maps and didn't have any problems (no pinging at all).

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DirtyDEF said:
The car he is getting 21-25 mpg is boosted and not the mini-me he is talking about.
Thank you for pointing that out to him. The coupe has a built GSR turbo, not a mini-me... I haven't put the mini-me together yet. The mini-me is for my Del Sol to use it as my daily driver. My question was about the fuel economy on a 10.5:1 d15b8/y8 mini-me. I just drive the car to work ~70 miles round trip every day so I wanted something with good fuel economy. I really want to find another y8 or y7 block so I can be able to run 87 oct ::(

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone else have any gas mileage testimonials?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts