Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ppls,
I am new to this forum and frrom the looks of it im here to stay. I hope to be contributing as soon as read up on things. Thanks
Back to the question....

Does anybody have pics of the modification needed to get this to work? On and off of the head pics would super sweet!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correct me if im wrong by saying it this way, but how many points advance and retard to you get with this setup.
Ive got mine installed already but its runnin super rich and I know about the 1/2 tooth ordeal, the crank and cam are lined up correctly.
I guess i need to get the rat tail back out.
thanks everyone

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
That is a limitation: you don't have as much movement when adjusting your ignition timing. I spent a long time on the top leg with the rat tail file, so I have a fair range.

I'm using an AEM cam gear to account for the 1/2 tooth off issue, and I'm leaving the ignition timing at 16 degrees for the time being. It still misfires a little at idle, so I think I'm going to have to play with the timing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey triple D,
Thanks for the input man. I had no spark this mornin, checked all fuses, they were fine. I went and bought the appropriate z6 dizzy, no effin spark, rechecked fuses and wa la, blown ecu fuse. fixed said fuse--car purrs like a kitten. I still havent hooked up my VTEC but as soon as I get from Florida its gettin the hookup.
Again, everybody on here rocks. thanks guys
you are the shizzies

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Hey triple D,
Thanks for the input man. I had no spark this mornin, checked all fuses, they were fine. I went and bought the appropriate z6 dizzy, no effin spark, rechecked fuses and wa la, blown ecu fuse. fixed said fuse--car purrs like a kitten. I still havent hooked up my VTEC but as soon as I get from Florida its gettin the hookup.
Again, everybody on here rocks. thanks guys
you are the shizzies
No problem, glad you got everything sorted out. Good luck with the remaining work.

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
i cant reallly hear vtec engaging(i dont have a tachometer lol) If its not, then would a bad vtec solenoid gasket affect the actual vtec from engaging?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.