Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Civic del Sol Si
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I will be attempting to install my fresh rebuild y7 head on my b7 block. I have everything I need to do the job, but I have one question still.

How do I set the cam gear when installing the head? How do I properly set the timing?

I have an AEM TRU-TIME cam gear with the stock y7 camshaft. Where do I need to set it? I really have no clue how to do this, and this is my DD so I really don't want to screw this up.

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Civic del Sol Si
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But yet, none of those links are from DSO ;) thanks for the links bud. I was thinking about asking you since I knew you were in the process of doing a similar build. I really cannot afford to screw this up the first time, thus all the questions.

I was going to swap this weekend, but it's going to take longer now. Got a call from the machine shop that is cleaning up the y7 head I bought from you. It needs to be resurfaced .004, and might new new valves. A couple of the valves are not passing the vacuum test. So it will be at the shop a bit longer, and cost me a little bit more to have work done to it. But not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
93 Civic del Sol Si
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, a friend of mine was able to find out that when doing a b7/y7 mini me swap. You are to use the y7 cam gear. When setting the cam up you set it at 0* then advance it 3/4 of a tooth advanced.

Now since I'm using the AEM TRU-TIME gear I know I'm going to be advancing it but instead of advancing a tooth 3/4. How much do I adjust the cam gear to get 3/4 of a tooth advanced??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts