Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if i were to put a vtec head on my b7, would all i need be the head and ecu?? or do i need more parts?thanx

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
yes you would. and the exhaust manifold
why would he need the exhaust mani?
youd have to run wire for vtec and some other small things i do believe.. but if it were me id just throw a cam in the non vtec head and call it a day... swapping the tranny out for an ex/si will give you more gains than the mini me swap

·
Registered
882 Posts
Non vtec cam? There are tons. search!

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Mini-me been there done that. You need a lot of little piss ant pieces to do the swap believe it or not. you could buy a whole new Z6 and drop it in for around the same price if you want v-tec that bad.
I switched back to a B7 with I/H/E a delta 272 ,cam gear, SI tranny and my car is way quicker then when I had my mini-me.

Oh yeah , punch in delta cams and you will get there phone number. They have excellent customer service.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
I'm using a Rage Racing d16y7/y8 ajustable cam gear. That combined with the cam shaft cost me around $280. I live in Canada and everything cost me a little more. Plus the cam gear was on sale through Rage at the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone know if i put a d16a6 cam and d16y8 cam gear in my stock b7,will i need tuning?? thanx

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
dont do a mini me its pointless and a waste of time money and frustration.

d16a6 cam or delta 272
z6 intake manifold
i/h/e
p06 w/ p28 maps vtec disable

will eat a mini me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts