Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there something wrong w/ a b7 tranny, i say this because it seems most people are swapping them out, is there a reason for this...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Read the sticky at the top of the page for some good general info and click on "Bones Gear Ratio Page" it will tell you all you need to know. The EX/SI or a hybrid is definately the way to go and will be my next upgrade after I finish my suspension.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
it sucks for speed, but it's great for gas mileage (due to longer gears)!! hoo-ray for us, i have a 93 dx too...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
it requires more torque to move through each gear since they're longer so you'll accelerate a lot more slowly.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
the ex/si gear ratios are shorter than the dx, and can accelerate more quickly. if you had two motors w/ the same hp, but one had a dx tranny and one had an si tranny, the si would out accelerate it, but it's top end would be lower, where the dx tranny would accelerate more slowly and the top end would be better, but that's only if you had power to go that fast. the dx tranny is meant for better gas mileage, the ex/si is meant for better performance.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My stock 95 DX coupe doesn't make it out of 3rd in the 1/4 mile at high 70s mph. But, I get low 40s in the mpg catagory. Read some of the posts by Tranzex. He has a built D15B7 and a built tranny. Accelerates great and still gets 40+ mpg. It all depends on what you wnat your car to do.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, i learn something new everyday because of this sight, thanx

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that fuckin sucks though, that the b7 sounds like dog shit, personally i could really give a fuck about mpg, would you guys know how difficult it is to swap a tranny?

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
i'm doing a z6 swap and ex tranny really soon. i recommend the same to you. drive the b7 til she spits up her guts, then swap it out. you could build it up, but it takes fewer brain cells to just swap it out. i'd do both at the same time (tranny+motor), it's easier to pull them as one unit.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well my plan is to greddy turbo kit the b7, so then i would be keeping the b7, sucks, oh well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts