Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basic setup Z6 block B7 head @ 16 psi. I had a B7 intake manifold with thermal gasket and with all the good things being said about the Z6 intake manifold I figure I give it a try. Installed without the thermal gasket but deleted all the coolant hoses for the throttle body and iacv. Ended up losing a mph in the 1/8th. Traction wasn't as good as the day with the B7 intake manifold but the weather was a lot cooler. Air fuel ratio in the mid 11s on both intake manifolds. So is it only a good upgrade for the NA guys ? Here's the slips for comparison. First set B7 intake. Pretty disappointed with it. I even left out putting a b16a throttle body on it to see what difference just the intake manifold makes.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Did you retune with the new intake? That's a drastic change so a retune may be your ticket. Also it is a different Mani so the torque curve and peak power will change. As well as where in the rpm range it makes power.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
.2 slower in first 60'
.3 slower @ 330'
.35 slower @ 660'

My guess was engine was too cool. Need 170 water temp when staging.

Also deleting all the coolant hoses just causes idle headaches IMHO.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
z6 IM on a b7 head isn't going to do shit.

Just like I/H/E doesn't do shit.
2x

most bolt on dont gain much hp and really without a tune they dont do much at all.
It might breath better but power wise its only going to give a few hp which is the same as taking a big dump before the race lol.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
well, according to someone on the forum I forget who, stock afr is way richer then it needs to be, if that is in fact the case you could see small amounts of gains from say a mild cam without a tune.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tune it myself. Added more fuel expecting to need it but ended up taking it back out. Here's a screen shot of the fuel map. Bottom right is with the Z6. Bone had good results with a Z6 manifold on a B7 head on a mild NA motor. Figured it would be exponentally better doing the same mod on a turbo engine. I went ahead and installed a Blox intake manifold I had sitting around and put the thermal gasket back in along with the B16 throttle body. I didn't want to use it initially since I read it's not that much better than the Z6 intake manifold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts