Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
for what application? Assuming you mean the D16, they will def bump up the compression. As for the out of the hole question...dont know how much.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
they will bump up for a 1.6, but depending if your VtEC or not and what cam you use, you will have to be careful in your clearances since they are non-vtec pistons.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
B7 pisins in a D16 block is going to make contact. The pistons sit to far out of the block.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
People put VTEC heads on D15 blocks, not D15 pistons in D16 blocks.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
the reason you have issues are that the the valve reliefs in the pistons are for non-vtec valves, when running in a D16 block, you will have the issues of the piston being so far above dech height that the valves actually will come in contact with the piston. When running a D15 block with a VTEC head you are fine because the pistons do not rise above deck height

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well, you can do it, but your gonna have to be very careful in what you do. If you use the stock cam, and a tad thicker HG, you MIGHT be able to pull it off, but the benefit is not worth the risk of blowing your motor, your better off running P29's as they are made for a 1.6 block

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yep, there the classic way to raise compression in an A6.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
actually, they are the D16A1 pistons found in the old tegs, the ZC ones are PM7's. Same piston though

·
Registered
447 Posts
so what am i looking at price wise and i am putting them in my z6 so what are some other inexpensive ways to raise comp. i am running an na setup

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
essentailly the same price as any other OE honda piston. You can shave your head, mill your block, use a thinner HG, all of those are ways of bumping compression

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
so what am i looking at price wise and i am putting them in my z6 so what are some other inexpensive ways to raise comp. i am running an na setup
You can get them from FJT for a great price unless you have to have OEM Honda.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts