Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1994 4dr eg
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a full d15b7 and spun a rod bearing. Sent crank to get turned and polished. Bought all new gaskets, z6 head, p28 ECU and ready to go.

I'll get the crank back from the machine shop this week and will be ready for assembly.

Using stock b7 rods with p29 pistons in my b7 block with z6 head.
Will I have any clearance issues with the p29s being dome shaped? I'm using a z6 hg.

Any info will be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
fucking research.
pm3 piston. has 30.7mm comp height. p29 is 29 to 30, it various with brand.

click the zeals comp link in my sig

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Your question has been asked and answered at least three times in the past week. You are being ignored because you can't find your answers. If you can't find something that simple, it is unlikely you have the ability to listen well enough to take any advice that might be given on the subject.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
I most humbly beseech your forgiveness for not sitting by my computer all day and night so I can reply within the 2 hours 56 minutes time frame you seem to think applies. Due to my failure to deliver on time I will refund all money I was paid for the service you requested and required so urgently.

Oh, and as others have said, the answer is here if only you chose to search a bit before becoming impatient with others.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,471 Posts
Pat. I give up.

I tried to teach them all, but the next wave is tenfold.

Ask something that I haven't answered 20,000 times and sparks my interest, I might try.

Yes, I'm bored now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
have a brown top d16zc, p29's, 0.5mm off head, Question, will the stock computer run this okay? also my computer has led lights on it showing the air/fuel mixture has anyone else have this built into there ECU?

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
have a brown top d16zc, p29's, 0.5mm off head, Question, will the stock computer run this okay? also my computer has led lights on it showing the air/fuel mixture has anyone else have this built into there ECU?

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts

Did you consider starting your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

When you start your own thread, you might include which stock ECU and is it the one that was OEM for that engine.

·
Registered
1994 4dr eg
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I apologise if this exact setup has been covered already. I saw people asking about p29s in b7 block but with different rods and the b7 head. I'm using the z6 head which has a combustion volume of 34.6cc instead of 38cc. It is the p29's, not the pm3's. 29mm compression height.

Sorry if I was being a dick trying to get my questions answered almost immediately. I appreciate everyone's input and feedback. Thanks a lot guys.

Sorry I'm a noob.:icon_frown:

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
D15 deck height is 207mm

Rod length is 137mm

Piston compression height is 29mm if you say so. I would check to be absolutely sure before you shell out $ for them.

Stroke is 84.5mm

Piston comp height plus rod length plus half the stroke should equal deck height if the piston is flush.

So
29+137+(84.5/2)=208.25 in a block with a 207 deck, so it's sitting 1.25mm above the deck and smashing into the head.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Well you lead with your chin, but copped the tap on the chin sweet, so you passed initiation.

·
Registered
1994 4dr eg
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rod length is 134mm I think so It should be...29+134+(84.5/2)=205.25??????

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
At least one model D15B has D16 rods with the bigger than normal D15 big ends. D16 rods are definitely 137mm.

It seems there are 2 different rod lengths for the D15s

1 - 20 of 32 Posts