Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference at all between a B7 and a Z6 manifold?

I ask because my d15b came with a manifold that I couldn't use, so I re-used my b7.

I am wondering if I have something not working right because of this guy saying that he plugged something on the Z6 manifold to put it on a B7. So, if I put a B7 manifold on a essentially a Z6 head, do I have a problem?

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82741

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
there is one water nipple that has to be plugged, not sure exactly since it's been so long.

Yes there is a big difference in the intakes, can't wait to get a Z6 manifold on my B7!

Why could you not use you D15B intake?

Pics please, but I'll be gone till Monday, tranny delivery out of state this weekend.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
heres the tube bone. you told me about this a while ago on the old automotive tech del sol forum

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
the Z6 mani has bigger runners than the B7. that is the biggest difference

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys know what that tube flows? I assume it's coolant....

There's no way this could have something to do with my car not engaging vtec does it?

I can't remember the exact details, but I think the throttle body had different sensors on the D15b and there wasn't a few other details. I'll pull out the old manifold and take some pictures when I get back to my car in a few days.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i assume you have a D15B that has VTEC? If so, it wouldnt have anything to do with it engaging that i know of. VTEC engages with oil

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i assume you have a D15B that has VTEC? If so, it wouldnt have anything to do with it engaging that i know of. VTEC engages with oil
Aight, I'm just grasping for straws at this point. :sadface:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bone, here are the pictures. I'd have to take the B7 manifold off the car to compare any further. From what I see, the D15b throttle body has a map sensor on it and the tab on the back side to mount that black thingy isn't tapped, so I didn't use it.

D15b manifold

The tab between runners 1 and 2 is not tapped.

B7 manifold on the car (notice the black canister thing that is mounted to the intake, next to the vacuum hose)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
the purge solenoid can be zip tied to the intake, is there a hole even?

Map sensor will be fine, just need to unravel yours from behind the fuel filter and it will reach, or reuse your TB with a new gasket which is only $5 from NAPA.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
there is one water line that is an issue. I don't agree with the above plugging. I'll have tyo make my own writeup when I do the swap.

Sadly I might be dropping the D15BEAST7 from the HB into the 4 door, will need alot of pics!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the purge solenoid can be zip tied to the intake, is there a hole even?

Map sensor will be fine, just need to unravel yours from behind the fuel filter and it will reach, or reuse your TB with a new gasket which is only $5 from NAPA.
Yeah, things look a lot simpler now that I know more about Hondas than I did 3 years ago.

The tab on the manifold doesn't have a hole. I'll probably just drill a hole and zip tie it, or drill and tap it.

I'll swap the throttle body too.

I wonder if there are any other differences that I'll find when I take off the B7 manifold.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic LX
439 Posts
i just put a z6 intake manifold on my b7 last night...it was pretyt much plug and play
the only difference was the z6 tb was set up for a firewall mounted map sensor, so i had to reuse the old throttle body
That other tube that you guys are saying has to be plugged runs to the iacv

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic LX
439 Posts
this tube runs to the iacv...
the other tube above the main coolant line is the one that runs through the stock intake tube
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

This a question I have...and its probably a stupid one, but what is the hole all the way on the left?
[/IMG]

·
Registered
181 Posts
just use the d15b mani. the purge seleniod is not need unless you are in a state with emission.

im in fl so i didnt use it.

the d15b mani will give better prefomace then the b7 mani

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic LX
439 Posts
ya its blocked off, but its full of carbon and black shit
almost like its running out of the cylinder
I tried looking into the hole in the head last night but i couldnt see very far in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts