Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay first post on here... hi! :)

me and a few friends are undergoing a budget turbo build. we have most of the parts for the turbo but were going to rebuild the bottom end, which is where we have the questions...

we have a d15b7 engine, yeah blah why bother, but we are.

we are going to use eagle rods,
We have a z6 head, and a b7 head, and 2 others that i will get back to you on.

~were going to replace, the rods, pistons(optional), cam?,

i guess what were trying to say is how do we wield 300hp to a d15b7?
with a tdo5h turbo.

and where in gods name do we find these parts? i look everywhere and cant find jack shit... thanks :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
eagle doesn't make rods for the D15's

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
$$$ CROWER RODS $$$
Or cryo'd thicker than d16 d15a2 rods. Same length and sized ends as stock b7 rods.
You could order the $320.00 136.4mm vitara h-beam b7 rods with steel bolts from hungry but good luck.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
but the do make them for d16, which fit the b7 crank correct? or am i just way off?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! (as previously stated). The only cheap (ish) rods for a D15 are going to be the FJ custom rods.

Easiest way to reach 300hp is to buy a Z6 and build it with Eagle rods/Vitara pistons.

Honestly, it sounds like you need to do a lot of searching and learning before you take anything apart!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
isnt that what a forum is for?:???:
im not the civic enthusiast, i work on chevy blocks:usa:, im just trying to find out some info before i DO tear it apart.
plus we decided to scrap the d15 and get a cheap d16

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
You could have at least sold it on craigs list with a good crank.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Wait another month or two. The fj rods for the usdm b7/8/2 are out and in the testing phase. They WILL be available very shortly :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts