Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
civic dx
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up buys i have a turbo b7 project going and i just happen to have a jdm sohc nonvtec zc (a6) and i know i need a y series camgear to run the head on my block.. but what timing belt should i use.. im sure its been covered but i couldnt find it after searching google.
also is there anyway to use a different timing belt with my b7 camgear.. such as like a z6 belt with b7block and a6.. if not i can get a y8 camgear for 5 bucks but im jw...

Corey

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
if you had made any type of effort searching, you would have found that the d15b7 and d16a6 share the exact same head casting. camshaft and valve springsa re the change.

and it is because of the CAM in the d16a6/zc no-tec head that a Y series gear must be used.

That said, Im sure you can figure out what timing belt to use.

Ill give you a hint, if teh cylinder heads share the same casting........

·
Registered
civic dx
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you had made any type of effort searching, you would have found that the d15b7 and d16a6 share the exact same head casting. camshaft and valve springsa re the change.

and it is because of the CAM in the d16a6/zc no-tec head that a Y series gear must be used.

That said, Im sure you can figure out what timing belt to use.

Ill give you a hint, if teh cylinder heads share the same casting........
How do us noobs get respect from the vets around here..

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
FYI, mileage doesnt matter.
CONDITION is what matters.

my old d15b2 had over 330k miles, and was in much better condition then my buddies d16a6 CRX SI with only 110k miles.

All in how you take care of it

·
Registered
civic dx
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI, mileage doesnt matter.
CONDITION is what matters.

my old d15b2 had over 330k miles, and was in much better condition then my buddies d16a6 CRX SI with only 110k miles.

All in how you take care of it
ok. it came off my jdm zc block that spun a bearing. checked the journals head is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts