Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
honda all the way
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 civic ex with a blown motor(stock) from all the info i gathered on there the b20 is the way to go(i think)

if i drop this motor in the car what am i going to have to swap on the motor....do i need a new ecu

before i go ahead an order this motor is there a better option for that car

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
if you drop a B20 in there, you will have to swap the motor to something decent, maybe a D16Y8, or even a D16Y7 would be better, hell i would rather a D16Y5, then a B20...

then after that a nice turbo, or supercharger...

sloopy.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
B20's can make gobs of power, and are pretty well endowed in the torque dept. for a honda lol.

Just do some research. more than likely you'll need the ecu for the B20 (of course) and the harness, and probably swap out your trans to a B series and get the converted axles or something close to that.

Itd be a nice set up, but do your research, a b20 website would probably yield better results than a strictly D series community haha

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
if you drop a B20 in there, you will have to swap the motor to something decent, maybe a D16Y8, or even a D16Y7 would be better, hell i would rather a D16Y5, then a B20...

then after that a nice turbo, or supercharger...

sloopy.

ignorant

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Kind of a strange question on a D-series forum. A B20 will be the same as the B16 that came in the 1999-2000 Civic Si. You will need the appropriate mounts, trans, axles, and ECU.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
B20 is pretty dope plus for your heavy chasiss its great makes hella tq.

All you need is the following

Mounts innovative or stock integra mounts
Integra shift linkage
Integra axles
B16 or ls trans
And a ls ecu obd2 one will work on the b20 but you can convert to obd1 and use any chipped ecu

The b20 is a great combo paired with a b16 trans only thing I would tell you to do is swap the stock rod bolts for arp's. Later on when your tired of the b20, you can pick up a vtec head and do a b20 vtec for hella cheap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts