Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn.....after driving my friends built b20/gsr my car feels like a go kart. i have a 91 hatch w/ d15b and it is converted to obd1, im borrowing my buddies chipped p28 that runs his b20 and this is helping........ but still feels slow compared to his hatch. should i save money and keep builing my d, what should i do to it? does anyone recomend best cam or valvetrain for my engine?.....or go B........ by the way hes putting down 200whp all motor, and another hatch from the same shop w/same motor dynoed 202whp......

would it be worth it to swap my head onto a non vtec block and go mini me, if so what would be the best block for this?

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
well ... all motor D's are useless IMO ( there ARE exceptions ) normally the " average tuner " wont ever pull as much all motor power out of a D compared to how much they can easily make on a B

If you wanna roll on your friends N/A B - go turbo - get new rods, buy a nice sized turbo , get REAL fuel management ( in your case Uberdata ) grab some injectors , buy a used Interc00ler and run your friends hatch into the ground - with the right tuning/setup 200whp is EASY on a boosted D :jdm:

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
^i'm with lohan's boyfriend...errr....i mean sqad. if you want to smash his b20 into the ground, go with turbo. it won't actually cost you that much (may cost you less than n/a) and you'll be able to stomp him. however, if he really builds it up, it's going to be hard to touch. i know a guy that had a b20/vtec turbo running about 540whp.

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would it be worth it to swap my head onto a non vtec block and go mini me, if so what would be the best block for this? will i have more power than i do now with just the stock d15b?

·
d-series 007
95 hatch si
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i build a diy turbo what would be the best car to pull the turbo off of?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts