Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
yes it will

·
Registered
510 Posts
WILL my dx ecu work on a b20 motor
Your fuel maps will not match very well so the performance will likely suck bad. read: very lean or rich

·
Registered
32 Posts
there is also a b20 in the older prelude, did ya'll know that?
I don't know if the dizzy off of those motors will work. I know they don't drop in like the rest of the b series

·
Registered
32 Posts
The old b20s in the preludes are different from the newer B20b and b20z in the crvs. The latter of which are the ones that you want to be looking at.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
I run stock B18B obd1 P75 Ecu on my moded y7, and no major issues at all. No check engine light, and I don't think it run knock sensor, Y7 doesn't have one anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
you shouldn't need the knock sensor if you're nonVTEC .. I saw an article, saying that the dx ecu was fine, even though the b uses larger injectors .. honestly, I don't see how, with the cc differences in them. I'd use a b ecu.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
you shouldn't need the knock sensor if you're nonVTEC .. I saw an article, saying that the dx ecu was fine, even though the b uses larger injectors .. honestly, I don't see how, with the cc differences in them. I'd use a b ecu.
B series use 240cc injectors the same as many D. Only 96-00 D16y7 use 190cc, you need to swap injectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well ill tell u from my expiereince i got a b20b jdm for my first swap i used the 99 b16 tranny and ls ingectors withe p75 piggyback june chip my idel was at 850 ran great love the torque but i would recomend the gsr tranny cuz myb20 went threw the b16 quick also treat it like a ls dont go reveing past 7500 or you will have valve problams and your valves start to float other than that its a great swap even after u swap the vtec head!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts