Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering..im fixin to pull the head off of my b2 due to the fact that i think that i am losing water into the combustion chamber because the car runs rough at times. and then everynow the temp will go up and then down almost instantaniously for just a couple seconds. and then when i check my water it is just a little low..not enough to make it run hot though.. but i have checked all over thouroughly and there are no coolant leaks anywhere... while i have the head off due to all of these problems should i go ahead and have it milled just for a safety precaution and how much should i go..i would like a little more compression by the milling process but this is my daily driven car. with cai, dc-sport 4-2-1 header, msd ignition, and gutted cat..and its dpfi incase i didnt specify that.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance for everyones time

·
Registered
75 Posts
just make sure you clean the bottom of the head and then measure the flatness with a feeler gauge. there is only a slight comprassion gain from milling an head flat. I wound not get anythng crazy done by being dpfi the fuel is not going to be there for the compresssion.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Dont bother milling your head unless its warped. Sounds like you need a new HG, get the head checked for warpage and milled as necessary if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts