Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
stock 96 coupe
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well im geting ready to built my new gsr motor i was gonna buy pistons and rods but money is not good right now and probably wont be for a while well i had a set of ls pistons and rods given to me with about 50,000 miles on them and im wondering what putting ls pistons in a gsr block will do or is this possible any help would be appr.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
compression will be like 8.8 with ls rods and ls pistons... but to be honest with you im not sure if it is possible or not
i might have my stock gsr rods but im not sure if i sold them or not to be honest lol if ya want i can check

·
Registered
stock 96 coupe
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
compression will be like 8.8 with ls rods and ls pistons... but to be honest with you im not sure if it is possible or not
i might have my stock gsr rods but im not sure if i sold them or not to be honest lol if ya want i can check
i have two sets or gsr rods and one good set of gsr pistons i was just wondering if ls pistons would help out and on a na motor the bad thing is is that three weeks ago the motor was prime until i sprayed it and the # three wristpen failed and also melted the piston

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
check the bay, you can find good used pr3's or p30's cheap. but those on the GSR rods you will be set. as for the gsr block, dont use the LS rods and pistons unless you use the crank for added displacement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts