1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
same as my car
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i lied............

B18C 180HP $3149 plus shipping/B18C5 200HP $4100
Any of the cable clutch operated B-series transmission including Japanese or American market S1, J1, A1, Y1 or YS1.
Axles: With a small amount of modification, the axles that come with the engines being transplanted (excluding the B20 engines) will work perfectly in most cases.If the axles are from a 94 or later car, the left-hand transmission seal, the one for the intermediate shaft, should be changed for one from a 94 Integra, p/n #91205-PL3-A01. Around $70 a side
Shift Linkage: Hasport custom linkage p/n #l88-B16-10 or shortened 90-93 Integra linkage. $250
Wiring: For this engine, you will want the injectors and distributor from the 89-91 B16A. If your car is an Si, HF, EX the stock harness can be easily modified to fit the engine. Then the VTEC and air intake bypass can be hooked up with the addition of only two wire to the ECU and one to ignition power. For dual point injected motors, Hasport sells a conversion harness to help.
Upper Radiator Hose: 94+ GSR, trim to fit $15
Lower Radiator Hose: 90 Integra, trim to fit $15
Throttle Cable: 94+ GSR or Type R
Clutch Cable: Stock
Air Conditioning: Use Hasport AC bracket with stock AC compressor.
Chassis Prep: Make a dent on the left-hand frame rail for alternator pully clearance.
Now these are alot more complicated engine swap of them all, you need a deep pocket of course, these will run you around $4600- up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd say 6 or 7 if it is your first time doing a project like this. I was pretty clumsy and had no background when I started doing any work on my car. Stripped a lot of bolts, broke a lot of electrical connectors. Took things apart that I couldn't put back together. It takes a while to familiarize yourself with how things are connected too. Sometimes you might think you have everything loose and start prying then later realize you didn't get that last bolt or screw. Just be careful and plan to spend a lot of time with it. For the first time it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some sharpie markers, masking tape, boxes, and zip loc bags to label and separate everything.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
if you lived closer i would do it for the right price. simple really.
same here.

it'll go really smooth if you have a cherry picker and all neccessary tools.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the Bseries into 96-00 swap is about a 5 imho.

That list you have is also 100% wrong as it looks like it is for an 88-91 civic. You will basically need the motor, trans, axles, and shift linkage from a hydro teg, and then either aftermarket mounts or del sol b16 mounts. There might be other combos of stock mounts that will work, im just saying what i used for my b-swap(del sol stuff). Chip your ecu, add wires for vtec (and iabs if you keep them) and youre good to go.

There might be a few wires that need extending/modification for your iacv, etc but i forget exactly what i did since its been so long. If your motor is not the same obd as your car you might need a few more parts and/or wiring, but its not a huge deal. Plenty of people have done this swap so honda-tech is your friend if you search.

·
Registered
same as my car
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HEY ANYONE NEAR THA 540 VIRGINIA AREA WANNA DO IT FOR ME lol jp but na that be tight yea idk which b18 swap i was lookin at as i have no clue what id be doin so...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'm sure H-T has this pretty well covered with all the how to's and required parts etc. I'm sure you can find a writeup that covers your year, make, model, trim, and even color.

More reading, less talking.

BTW, these swaps are super easy if you have all the right parts. Almost like it was factory stuff.

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
just make sure the ground on the T-stat is tight. my buddy put a B18c jdm type R and we couldnt figure it out for about 2 weeks did the timing about 3 times and then we jsut look for shit to tighten down and bang that was the prolem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Motor/Trans/Ecu (Depending on year you get you may need to get an obd2a-obd1 jumper harness for your ECU)

Axles, Linkage

99-00 Si Rear T-Bracket
If you are or want to retain AC get a CRV AC Mount(99 si or del sol vtec will work but both are more money i do believe)

If you want to stick with stock mounts you will need to buy a driver side block mount(also depends on if you buy a b16 or gsr) Integra motors will have a 3 holes in this mount compared to your stock civic mount which has 2

Modify your stock wiring harness with vtec wires, IACV(idle air control) fix, Knock sensor(depending on what ECU you use), and on what year motor you get possibly modify your injector plugs, distributor plugs, and altenator plug.

Sorry if this is confusing just trying to help. If you want PM me, i am in the 540 area, im close to charlottesville.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts