Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Can it be done? Yes. Is it ideal? No. The best way to do this would be to have the block line bored.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Can it be done? Yes. Is it ideal? No. The best way to do this would be to have the block line bored.
What this guy said.

It could be off a little to one side, and it will squeeze the crank. That will generate a lot of heat. Not to mention probably destroy it. You might get lucky, but I wouldn't chance it.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
When you say girdle, are you only talking about the aluminum piece that can be separated from the steel main caps? If so, yes you can swap it with no ill effects.

It's a hell of a lot different on Ds and other bottom oiler Honduhs as the main caps and girdle are one piece.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Borrowed a couple images from Pata.
I have this....
[/QUOTE]
I missing all of this....

What I'm trying to do is reduce the down time of my car. I have a gsr swap in my dd thats getting some miles and starting to use oil. I was hoping I could send this extra block to the machine shop for a hone and then rob the girdle off my motor when it comes out and do the swap in one weekend. I may just go on and pull it and slap the b16 back in it while the gsr is being rebuilt. Thats just alot of work and I'm lazy! I have eagle rods, ross 9:1 pistons and a new crank to go in it if I want along with a damn near complete b-series turbo set-up. I keep reminding myself this is my daily driver, not my toy. But man is it tempting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts