Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
manifold will be getting put on this weekend ill post up the number differences. Im still trying to see if anyone has tried this yet?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
dude secondary butterflys suck ass.

well he is boosted, and the ls may flow a little better than the z6, but unless he smoothed those runners nicely i dont see a big gain.

·
Registered
204 Posts
jesus christ what a waste of time.

Sure, anybody can go out and do hack up a d-series and b-series manifold to *TRY* to gain hp...but realistically you never flow tested it.
For the time wasted...if this is for a boosted setup, a blox/edelbrock(SP?) manifold would have been easier to get and probably put out better results compared to you 'd-i-y' IM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW what a supportive group of people for trying something with some extra parts. Yes the runners are smoothed out, A buddy of mine wanted to try the idea. It came out good, only hitch was making several passes with the Tig on the out side of 1&4 so he could grind the best possible radius into the transition from B18B to D16Z6. The new intake has about 450cc more plenum volume along with a 2" shorter runner. Should improve HORK from 4500 on up along with fix some of the distribution issues. We'll see what we come up with for #'s, then I'll add another .5 liter (tapered of course) to the plenum and retest.
the old intake (on the car now) He is gonna chop the top half off the plenum and add one of his Garrett Water/air cores. Screw a front mount. He does good work check out the Twin Turbo camaro he just built. He is hoping for 1500 hp at least.

http://www.baldturbofreak.com/catalog/projectcars.php

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
A) props for trying, really need fresh ideas
B) it has been tried, never dyno tested

submit back to back dyno testing, then we'll have a good report.

oh yeah, the idea is about 5 years old......still never dyno tested.

·
Registered
284 Posts
the welds will be covered by the fuel rail anyways, and the work doesn't seem too bad considering aftermarket intake manifolds go for 200+ dollars.

good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the support should have some dyno numbers saturday night. Thanks Joe that is my point im sorry im looking for a little extra hp and dont have any cash to do it. we are also going to start making a new exhaust manifold, which will turn the turbo so it can breathe to the front and make some sort of ram air function. The manifold once perfect will be made in quantity to sell for over the winter time while projects to work on are low.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts