Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
A friend of mine has offered me a set of B18a1 "race profile" camshafts for my D16a8 ( zc ). Does anyone know if these cams will fit in my cylinder head. The motor is going to be rebuilt anyway, so any machining hat is reqd can be done then. They have been offered to me as a trial. I also am going to run B18a1 valves ( 1mm bigger than a D16a8 ) & already run F22/23 prelude valve springs ( have a seated pressure of approx 70lb ) fit straight in & are cheap. All tuning to suit this application will done via MOTEC, so a standrd ecu is not a problem.
Any feedback on this cam mod, + or - would be great.
Love this website.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
The b-series is a DOHC motor. You D-series is a Single Over Head Camshaft. The lobe configurations must me completely different. I'm sure the answer is NO!

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
they will not work

·
Registered
03 mazda 6
315 Posts
what cams gears would u be able to use, what timing belt, how would u be able to time it... thats what id be worried about, not 'will these fit'

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick reply. I was'nt too sure if they would fit my cyl/head, but pretty much figured their woud be someone on this forum who could tell me for sure.
Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts