Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i no in not d series but my buddys b16a turbo is boggin at wot only runs fine till i step on it all the way and then after that it starts to get worse and idles up and down stock map and tps after maket intake mani. tb had 750cc injector but put stock in to see if it fixxed it but no change. Help please

·
Registered
1 Posts
my d16y8 is doing that too, its tuned and everything, i noticed it bogging out a little, then just got worst and boggs on wot, i've have the car running fine for a year now turbo untill this, im assuming that i have a leaking head gaskit due to the face that all my coolant is being pushed out. try checking that :)...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

Well no tune yet but its got a safc 2 stock p28 for now but question is? will it run like that cuz its not tuned? Should i take the cold pipe off and see if it does it still?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
A turbo B16 with 750cc injectors and a stock ECU for a D16Z6... are you fucking kidding me?!

It needs to be tuned or its going to blow the fuck up... and yes, not being tuned will make it bog, youre lucky it runs at all.
I cannot even fathom how in this day and age somebody could be swapping engines and putting turbos on them without knowing that a chipped and tuned ECU is a MINIMUM REQUIREMENT for a properly functioning setup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok

my d16y8 is doing that too, its tuned and everything, i noticed it bogging out a little, then just got worst and boggs on wot, i've have the car running fine for a year now turbo untill this, im assuming that i have a leaking head gaskit due to the face that all my coolant is being pushed out. try checking that :)...
Check ur fpr and look at fuel pressure

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the boost is all the way down just need to drive to get to work and tha stock injector are in sence i started it. It run perfect till i give wot an at like 5000 rpm it starts to bogs

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How good are the spoon chips or mugen and i still have to tune that too? Its not even my car so its not my falt ahahahah just they to help a brotha out lol

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You CANNOT run ANY boost on the stock ECU
With the stock injectors its "bogging" because its going lean in boost, I dont care how low of pressure the wastegate spring is, its too much for the stock ECU.
You need to take the spring out of the wastegate and even then you shouldnt being going WOT. You dont need to got WOT to get to work.

Ebay chips are garbage. It needs a real tune, one that involves a wideband being hooked to the car.
You need to search, its obvious you havent. This is mega basic stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So if i take of the intake tobe it should run fine im. On ur side im try to get him to take of the turbo till tune. But like i said hes his own person

What i mean by that is. Not letting turbo get to the motor by takin off the intake by the tb

I jus hope its the turbo thats makin it run like that and not the motor thats wht im tryin to fine out mostly

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
if you take off the charge pipe by the throtal body you will over rev the f out of the turbo.....aka you will blow up the damn turbo.....

open up and get ready for some spoon feeding

click this link:

Xenocron Tuning: Chipping Kit w/ SST Chip (OBD1 ECUs) USDM Kit & JDM Kit #OBD1-SST

make sure to add the basemap to the order

in the comments box during the check out, give him as much info on the setup as possible(motor, map sensor used, turbo, exhaust size, injector used, how much boost, etc)

dont drive the car for a week till the kit shows up, install it using the directions on his website, if you cannot do it send your ecu to him and he will install it for a fee

put in some colder spark plugs .....once you have done this.....it can be driven.....not beat on but at least driven....then go get it tuned

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Get it tuned. Until then, don't even drive the car. This is very basic stuff and it sounds like your "buddy" has already done damage to his motor. The bogging is it starving for fuel. And trying to run 750cc injectors on a stock P28 is just idiotic. Please do some research! Go pick up Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and read it cover to cover. Once you've done that, read it again. That should be your starting point.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
You CANNOT run ANY boost on the stock ECU
With the stock injectors its "bogging" because its going lean in boost, I dont care how low of pressure the wastegate spring is, its too much for the stock ECU.
You need to take the spring out of the wastegate and even then you shouldnt being going WOT. You dont need to got WOT to get to work.

Ebay chips are garbage. It needs a real tune, one that involves a wideband being hooked to the car.
You need to search, its obvious you havent. This is mega basic stuff.
if you take off the charge pipe by the throtal body you will over rev the f out of the turbo.....aka you will blow up the damn turbo.....

open up and get ready for some spoon feeding

click this link:

Xenocron Tuning: Chipping Kit w/ SST Chip (OBD1 ECUs) USDM Kit & JDM Kit #OBD1-SST

make sure to add the basemap to the order

in the comments box during the check out, give him as much info on the setup as possible(motor, map sensor used, turbo, exhaust size, injector used, how much boost, etc)

dont drive the car for a week till the kit shows up, install it using the directions on his website, if you cannot do it send your ecu to him and he will install it for a fee

put in some colder spark plugs .....once you have done this.....it can be driven.....not beat on but at least driven....then go get it tuned
Omg this thread makes me sick, god damn do some research before you try to be some ghetto shade freer mechanic
Get it tuned. Until then, don't even drive the car. This is very basic stuff and it sounds like your "buddy" has already done damage to his motor. The bogging is it starving for fuel. And trying to run 750cc injectors on a stock P28 is just idiotic. Please do some research! Go pick up Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and read it cover to cover. Once you've done that, read it again. That should be your starting point.
You need to read all this and then read it again then try to put it to use. :pedo:

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
I would never drive that thing without a tune, who knows what damage its had. atleast get a street tune to get that thing to a tuner. :TU:

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Most likely running lean as hell , which isnt a good thing.

Always better to be running rich then lean. Im sure there is already damage to the engine.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I really hope you are typing from a phone or something that doesn't have auto correct. If not you don't need to be touching anything but a book and learning to read and write. Aside from that, I agree with everything that has been said in here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts