Honda D Series Forum banner

b16 throttle body for d

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  s_18 
#1 ·
hey fellow d nutz i can pick up a b16 throttle body for practiclly nothing what i was wondering was if i port match my y5 intake mani will it help me out at all i just didnt know if it was worth the effort of port matching my intake mani to the bigger 60mm throttle body let me know if anybody has done it and if they felt a differnece :D

#14 ·
If you don't port match it, it will do virtually nothing at all.

You should also have an aftermarket intake.
guess that will suffice... i myself use a 60mm tb. maybe i'll upgrade it to 62 or 65mm. i can even use a 70mm from a mustang, but i don't know if that would be no good for a n/a engine.

#3 ·
If you don't port match it, it will do virtually nothing at all.

You should also have an aftermarket intake.

The B16 is probably a little big for that motor. There wont be any hp gains until after your rev limiter, and in the low RPM, you'll actually lose power, although throttle response may improve at partial throttle.

A B18A1 throttle body would be a better match, again, assuming you are going to port match the maifold and you have an aftermarket intake.

#6 ·
dunno about u guys but when i put on the b16 throttle body helped me out big time on my z6 manifold.

oh well mayb in the AUstralia things r diff.. i duno

#8 ·
shit i just gave a GSR tb to duck for free. :TU: so do it. you've been learened, son. for shur

#15 ·
i just picked up the throttle body port matched the intake mani and put it on since my car is not tuned properly yet (soon to be tuned with crome) still running virgin p28 with the y5 so i cant really tell but when i get it tuned i will let you know if it made a difference once i get into high rpm right now i can really feel it picks up way faster but low rpm still is laggin because vtec engagment isnt intil 5500 and the vtec e motor doesnt like that :(

#18 ·
Get the 60mm gasket. It will bolt directly on if same OBD. No need for any modification.
MAP sensor doesn't need to be exchanged, they are the same.

Only thing different is that the FITV is present on OBD1 vehicles.
Shouldn't be a problem if your OBD2 I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.