Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, yesterday I bought a b16 tb from someone locally. I took it home and put it on to make sure it worked. the car started up and run. a little boggy at idle. I figure the was due to the larger tb going into the small opening on my y8 IM. or from me not adjusting the tb cable.

I have a 99 ex obd2b. I was told this tb was off of a b16a2 obd1. well anyway I take it for a test drive. I hop on the highway, it's right there. and I go to the next exit so I can get some taco bell. well as soon as I pull off of the highway and stop, bam. CEL. well it's started to get dark, and I had to get up at 6 for work. so I put the factory one back on and started up no problems.

well I was sitting inside watching tv and break the trusty ruler and measure the opening. it's 65 mm. I thought b16 tb's were 60mm? I measured on intake, not the manifold, side. did I measure the wrong side? or did I get a good deal? I was looking at it and it has the letters "HAD" and a flag stamped onto a spot.

any ideas why it threw the cel? I know I didn't have time to mess around with finding out what it was. so I just switched back to stock and it was dark when I finished. I don't like working on my car with a flashlight since it's outside in my apartment complex.

thanks for any info you have.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, are the map or tb sensors wired differently for obd1 and obd2? the plugs fit perfectly and were in the same places. but I was just thinking if one of the sensors might be bad, or if I need to either rewire, or swap over my sensors?

thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts