Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:screwy:I was wondering if you could use d16 rods and crank in a d15 block I know that the rods are the same length and the crank has very similar shape. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
um dont all 4 cylinder honda cranks have a similar shape?

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
d-series is not google. you cant just type what you are wondering and expect there to be answers. .. and anyways read up .. just on numbers alone...... rod length.... stroke..... deck height

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Similar doesn't men they're the same. The rods aren't the same length. The b16 rods are 134mm and the d15b rods are 137mm.

·
Registered
ej8
32 Posts
Not to sure on B Series parts but i know a D16 has longer rods than a D15 Meaning you couldn't use D15 rods in a D16. i'd imagine since the displacement is the same in the B16 as the D16 the rods would be different length as well.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
B series parts can work in a d. Ask me how I know. :)

I've always wanted to say that.

·
Registered
ej8
32 Posts
loling :boink:

OP what is your reasoning behind this? Why not use your stock crank and rods or buy aftermarket?
My assumption would be him wanting stronger pistons for a build. He should just get some aftermarket rods or at least Shot peen his stock rods if thats the case

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
My sig..........and every other LS rods in a d16 thread that seem to be popping up as of late.

My assumption would be him wanting stronger pistons for a build. He should just get some aftermarket rods or at least Shot peen his stock rods if thats the case

You mean he is wanting stronger rods??? The b16 rods are a really beefy design at the big end but carry the same journal size as a d16. They just need a small amount of machining to fit properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
B16 rods same size as d15b7?

They both are the same size I just don't know if the journal bearings are the same I have the motor and the shop to do everything I want to accomplish. I know it's not google I need somebody smarter than google which you obviously are not... I would make the build easier for me Bc I can get the d15 rods from crower but I need better rods than what they have Bc I am building a block that can do at least 25 psi. I want the single cam it's not pointless to me. I want d15 bragging rights lol. Btw it's going in a 95 civic DX I bought for 1200 bucks. I am currently ripping everything out of it and leaving no bolt unturned.

Lol long post...

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
i am unsure how an aftermarket b16a rod will be any stronger than the same rod for a d15b7. i could see stock to stock using the b16a ones as an upgrade maybe, but f you are wanting something more than what a crower rod can do you should be getting pauter rods anyway.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,893 Posts
I am building a block that can do at least 25 psi.
this right here shows your lack of knowledge and original post shows lack of effort to search. google will show dimensions for each motor in question which in turn will answer your question. unfortunately google is only as smart as the user, which is probably why google isnt helping you.

·
Well.......
2,493 Posts
Sighs........ PSI is irrelevant to anything except a number on a boost gauge.

The reason I say probably not is because you said a b16 crank and rods. Rods yes crank no

1 - 17 of 17 Posts