Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know of anyone who has recently rebuilt or reringed a b16/18, so i thought i would see if anyone could get their hands on one or has one laying around.

I am getting ready to install an obx lsd and i was told this is a very good method of shimming the diff into the case.

thanks

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i may have a few old pistons laying around with rings on them does it matter if they are used? plus you need to inform us on this method. ill look friday when i get home. but if anyone else has one buy it first, because im not sure if i ripped the old rings off or not

Reactions: 94z6ex

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i may have a few old pistons laying around with rings on them does it matter if they are used? plus you need to inform us on this method. ill look friday when i get home. but if anyone else has one buy it first, because im not sure if i ripped the old rings off or not
i was told about the process of shimming with a b16/18 oil ring here on d-series when i posted about the obx lsd a long while back. I think transzex said to use the oil rings from a b16/18. (i would post a link but i really need to get to class)

No, it doesnt matter if they are new or used. i prefer used because it will be cheaper for me :)

But just let me know and i will keep offers open from other people since your not sure if you removed the rings or not.

thanks alot for the help and fast response.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I Just posted the same thing over on Honda-tech (I figure there are more B-series there then here ;) )

I'm second in line.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Just posted the same thing over on Honda-tech (I figure there are more B-series there then here ;) )

I'm second in line.
well lsturbohatch is going to see if he has some laying around. But if you find someone at honda tech with a few extra, let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
how much you want for the inconvenience?

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, i hope i can get some too since it is my thread WTB thread and everything ;) .................. you think you can hook me up too ryan?

if not its cool........just let me know how much of a donation is necessary and if you want shipping costs.

thanks

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
wow, i hope i can get some too since it is my thread WTB thread and everything ;) .................. you think you can hook me up too ryan?

if not its cool........just let me know how much of a donation is necessary and if you want shipping costs.

thanks
i can hook you up. i have 6 left, sending 2 to Eyal

i dont care about shipping costs, just donate what you feel necessary to the site that you love so much :TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
right on, i dont know how many i will need to properly shim the lsd, so i guess just send however many you think will take care of it. I will dontate $10-$15 to the site...........i would donate more, but i have funds tied up pretty tigh in this build right now.

is that cool

let me know and ill give you my shipping address.

thanks man

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
right on, i dont know how many i will need to properly shim the lsd, so i guess just send however many you think will take care of it. I will dontate $10-$15 to the site...........i would donate more, but i have funds tied up pretty tigh in this build right now.

is that cool

let me know and ill give you my shipping address.

thanks man
like i said, whatever you want to donate. ill send you 2 rings, since i think it only needs one from what ive read.

PM me your name/addy also

1 - 19 of 19 Posts