Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has a Honda City our here in India which came with the B15C2 SOHC Vtec engine. The car has clocked close to 1.5 Lakh kms and was not well maintained leading to premature engine life.

It now needs a rebuild as his compression is down to 150 and car is emitting white smoke. He wants to now modify it to extract some extra juice whilst remaining in NA form.

Have heard that the D16Y8 cams match this motor(pls correct me if wrong). What we have planned is as follows.

1> Upgrade Pistons to 76mm forged (stock 75mm) with stock rods, new bearings and rebuild the block.

2> Port the head and install better cams ( need help on brand and part nos available that will fit)

3> Install a stand alone Ecu.

He wants the car to be a fast daily driver with no intentions to drag or race the same.

Is the above the correct route to take or would you guys suggest something else. Also if possible can we make this motor into a D16Y8. What would be required to do so.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Jiggy bhai, forged pistons on a NA motor? unnecessary. you will only be robbing the engine of the juice you need by dropping in unnecessarily heavy pistons. also, with forged pistons you are going to have to be extremely careful when boring out the cylinders because of their different expansion characteristics.

Id say stick with good lightweight cast pistons. everything else looks okay.

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
LOL Welcome to the D.
Looks like everybody is moving in.

Some people say the Z6 cams make better power. Some people say the D15 Cam is better suited to our 1.5s. (See Bisi Moto they sell a cam for the 1.5 Engine).

Keep in mind that the Y8 Cams are designed for 1.6 Motors. So the LSA is not optomised for our shorter stroke.

The debate of y8 or Z6 still goes on. Both will work fine just dial in the cam and get an adjustable cam gear. I have run both without any problems.

Forged pistons are lighter than stock. (Unless your going ape with the CR) And you have the option of getting the CR you want. Without having to shave the shit outa the heads.

As to porting the head from what little I have seen so far in India. Keep it stock. Your engine will make more power and be more reliable.

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Ron, Bisimoto D15 cam is for a D15B head which we do not have. Theoretically, you could run a Z6, D15B or Y8 cam all the same. As long as you know how to degree it and have a cam card and an adjustable cam gear.

Forged pistons on a naturally aspirated daily driver? What about sleeving the block too, while you're at it?

In NA porting, velocity is everything. Look into downdraft ports with a smaller volume than stock, rather than hogged out monster sized holes in place of the stock ports. Or even stock will suffice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts