Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90' CRX SI
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. Got a B series alternator since my D series alt crapped out. Buddy had it laying around and its in mint shape. It bolted up fine to the mounts and connectors all worked great. Only thing is my Z6 alt belt is too short. Anyone ever do this and what kinda belt did you use. I cant find anything about lengths of belts from d to b's. Would an integra belt be longer than the z6's?

·
Registered
2001 TL1000R
509 Posts
use a waiste measurer and wrap it with the alt tention all the way off then go to the shop and measure till u find one that will work- i had to do this on my old mr2 with a different alternator-

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Yea, I just wrapped a string around where the belt would go, and then measured the string. The car I bought had a stupid underdrive pulley on it that was a lot smaller diameter than the stock.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yea, I just wrapped a string around where the belt would go, and then measured the string. The car I bought had a stupid underdrive pulley on it that was a lot smaller diameter than the stock.
Yep! Just use a string or something like that and ask to go behind the counter to find what you need. They usually don't say no.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
if a parts store worker says no to finding a correct belt, sacktap that faggot and call the manager

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I did this on accident one lol...went to the store like 3 times to get the right belt.

MUCH PREFER D-SERIES ALTERNATORS, if you're gonna rock a D.

B-series one gave me nothin but troubles.

·
Registered
90' CRX SI
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a 32 inch belt and it fit perfect! Thanks again guys! This alt seems to handle a shit load more than my last one

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
if a parts store worker says no to finding a correct belt, sacktap that faggot and call the manager
I would block that sacktop, tell you I'm the manager and swiftly kick you in the ass, lmao. Sorry, had to say it since the necessary answers have been given in here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts