Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is d-series but.........

I got a buddy that has a gsr with ported polished head,one layer head gasket, and bored 5 over with type-r pistons, he wants to know if he can run a 50 shot of nitrous on otherwise stock internals, and with stock fuel system?
Dont know if it really matters but running off of a phearable tuned ecu.

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
get the zex kit with the 'brain' you wil be set. you may have to adjust your timing and get colder plugs. 50 shot isnt much but it still has to be compensated for. =)

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright guys thanks.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 50 shot on a stock motor is fine with the right precautions.
well the motor isnt completely stock. the compression is at 11.66:1. so its okay to spray on that much compression?

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
Registered
283 Posts
DO NOT BUY a zex dry kit, they suck cock. I should no i have one, and so dose my roomate. A 55 shot will run lean all the way throught the rpm range. That zex kit only jumps the fuel pressure about 4-6lbs and it is not enought to run safely. Buy a wet kit and you will never have to wonder or worry about fucking up your shit. If you want you can run 2 step colder plugs like zfr7f11's. But you absolutely do not have to retard your timeing for a 50-55 shot, and tuners will tell you you dont even have to retard it for a 65 shot, its just for safety. Some people dont have a clue what they are talking about

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nitrous likes high compression.
alright thanks. just wanted to make sure. i will get a vid up when the engine is broken in.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
with cast pistons tho? hmm, i dunno. i'd never spray it, but maybe someone else would hehe

forged high CR pistons and juice go together perfectly, just as long as everything else is in line like tuning, etc...
there are stock type-r's.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
diefiently a wet kit. i am prolly going to get colder plugs and retard the timing two degrees to compensate for the high compression.

·
Registered
283 Posts
^ Dont need them, stockers work fine

1 - 20 of 39 Posts