Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys I finally got the block to the machine shop, so its time to start a build thread on it.

the plan is a 500hp turbo bseries for my 14' fiberglass boat, I've talked about this build a few times trying to decide what parts/turbo I was going to use.

(this isn't my N/A sleeved 77.4x86mm build I've mode a build thread on, that's on pause as I cant find a used sleeved block and I ended up with a small speed boat. I live on an island with no roads so the car engine isn't needed for a few years, so I packed up my rods, pistons and bearings for that build to save for later)

the block is a b18c1, I have forged rods and pistons, ill post pics when the block gets back form the machine shop. and ill get some pics of the boat project today as well to post. ill be talking to Danz buddy to get a lot of these parts as I have no Honda parts here with me on this coast

the goal is 500hp at the crank used an an inboard, with a rad for cooling no raw water, unless the raw water is being poured over the intercooler to keep it cold

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what type of clearances do you guy think I should be running. this motor will be under full load 100% of the time its above 1/8 throttle, so picture a 4th gear dyno pull that never ends but kind of levels off at peak power using ignition timing and boost levels stabilize a peak power flat spot in the curve for WOT rpm cruse. I don't want ignition cut limiter

but lets be realistic its a 14foot boat with 500hp I cant see me sitting at 8k for even more then a few minutes. so it really would be similar to a dyno pull, by the time it hits peak power ( that's also max speed), Ill be letting off. I wont be running drugs back and forth so there wont be a need for a few hours at wot

im thinking 0.005" piston to wall on the 81.5mm wiseco forged pistons
0.002" on the mains and 0.0015 on the rods (the crank will be at the shop so if any spec in less then that ill have to polished to size)

what head gasket should I run?
also I'm back and forth on the head, would 500 crank hp be realistic on a oem vtec head, maybe eve a oem b18/b20 head?

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the boat, I ended up taking the top half the boat off so I could do some reinforcing fiberglass work. I have a 5 gallon pale of it coming this weekend.

i plan to reinforce the front and bottom from the inside, there are lots of logs in the waters around here. I also want to make an area upfront to put the gas tanks, under the dash so to speak.

I still need to clean the crap out of it and cut the floor out of it to get rid of the water logged foam, then I can figure out how low I can bolt the Bseries in there and then reinforce the stringers for the motor mounts

ill fiberglass the top half back on opposed to bolting them together for the deck to haul joint. i want it to be very rigid and solid

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,880 Posts
Your rod and main are exactly what I use in all my engines sometimes my rods come out to .0018 for p2w the .005 is gonna be kind of loose for only 500hp but again for your use of wot for minutes at a time that should be okay are you going to be running e85?

As for a turbo a gt3076 will work as its suited for your power goals you can also run a gt3563 of you wanted quicker spool time then a gt3582 the bigger turbo would make more power on less boost so lest stress on the engine

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,289 Posts
My wiseco instructions that came with a set of 2618 forged aluminum had a suggested clearance of .0026.

I went with .0030 average across all bores, I think one of them even ended up at .0032, and its not noisy at all on start up.

.0050 will likely be a bit noisy on startup, but should quiet down almost entirely once at operating temp if you plan on using 2618 instead of 4032, and will expand out well under high sustained loads to give a great P2W clearance.

If your pistons are 4032, .0050 is likely too wide even running at WOT for extended periods.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your rod and main are exactly what I use in all my engines sometimes my rods come out to .0018 for p2w the .005 is gonna be kind of loose for only 500hp but again for your use of wot for minutes at a time that should be okay are you going to be running e85?

As for a turbo a gt3076 will work as its suited for your power goals you can also run a gt3563 of you wanted quicker spool time then a gt3582 the bigger turbo would make more power on less boost so lest stress on the engine

awesome, thanks for the info man. ill be running chevron 94 (lots of people says its worse then shell 91 but I get it barged to the island by the barrel so it will have to do, and i knw for sure there is no Ethanol in it)

My wiseco instructions that came with a set of 2618 forged aluminum had a suggested clearance of .0026.

I went with .0030 average across all bores, I think one of them even ended up at .0032, and its not noisy at all on start up.

.0050 will likely be a bit noisy on startup, but should quiet down almost entirely once at operating temp if you plan on using 2618 instead of 4032, and will expand out well under high sustained loads to give a great P2W clearance.

If your pistons are 4032, .0050 is likely too wide even running at WOT for extended periods.
I'm not sure what the pistons are made of actually. i haven't looked into them past trying to download the PDF o the pistons and the page wasn't found. here is what they are though Part # 6541m815 here is a link that provides some info Wiseco 6541M815 Wiseco Sport Compact Piston and Ring Kits | Summit Racing

id be ok with running less P-T-W but I don't mind a loose motor either, I would go a little over what would be suggested by the manufacture I believe, I've ran 2 stroke dirt bikes loads and I like a little extra p-t-w when its a cast cylinder as I don't do warm ups the same as most people do.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,477 Posts
Where is that hotdogs down a hallway link? Someone dropping the ball😒
my bad ,been trying to make hay..

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

1 - 13 of 13 Posts