Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm hoping to learn more here. I've searched and haven't found the answer to my question. We are stuffing a B20B with a hydro trans into a 91 CRX to make another rally car. To make things more simple, we want to not use an intermediate shaft. At first thinking, there seems to be no problem with going this route. Raxles can make any combination of CV joints we need.

Here is where I am confused. I think I read somewhere on one of the threads that came from my searching that the B-series trans doesn't have the circlip groove on the left hand side carrier, due to the intermediate shaft stuff. I can't find that post again to confirm this idea.

Is this the case and is this why we can't do the non-intermediate shaft thing? Or am I wrong and we can do the non-intermediate axle thing?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
The best I can see of ALL the spare diffs I have here, both sides are machined the same, which makes sense on the bigger scale.

If I could get this one 92-93 B diff apart I would say the side gears were the same as ZC, but I failed and cannot confirm at this point.

I need a better 1/8" long reach punch to get the holding pin out.

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does this mean that if we can get axles built with the correct spline/cv joints on the appropriate ends, we can use one-piece axles like in the d-series?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
Yes. IIRC Marty @ Raxles has done this. I believe he used Accord inners but best to call or email him.

Again, many threads over 20+ years but IIRC someone did a ZC trans using B axle on pass side, then a D axle with Accord inner on the drivers side.

Stupid JDM Del Sol trans from Gil Gilbert who make swap mounts...

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. We are using a B series hydro trans (B20B block) with Integra spindles. Shouldn't be too hard to sort out. I did a search before posting, but clearly didn't use the right search string.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts