Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Do you have the single bend or the dual bend?? Did you also install aftermarket bushings?

C

·
0 Posts
Diablo said:
Got one, works great, but I've heard of others having problems with grinding 2nd and rev. I've had no problems.
Got one as well great shifter I think its a perfect shifter not to short. And I really dought that it makes your tranny grind. The people who say it does probably already had that problem because the shifter has nothing to do wiith how the tranny inside is.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I think with any shifter grinding is going to be from the inside of the tranny and the way you shift. if grind my second when I shift too fast, but if I slow down then I have absolutely no problems. it pisses me off when I shift too fast to second when I'm racing and all I hear is the damn gear grinding.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
gftgrill said:
I think with any shifter grinding is going to be from the inside of the tranny and the way you shift. if grind my second when I shift too fast, but if I slow down then I have absolutely no problems. it pisses me off when I shift too fast to second when I'm racing and all I hear is the damn gear grinding.
Yep, the hand is faster than the foot. They don't make short throw clutches, do they? lol

B

·
0 Posts
I installed one on my 95 civic and it works great. The throw is extremely short, easy, and smooth. I also installed one on my friends 97 civic and his works just as well as mine. I do sometimes grind gears, but the only reason I do is because I get lazy and don't push the clutch in fast enough. :wink:

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
I installed the B&M in my 95 along with the energy shift bushings and it works great, very smooth and short. Not to mention that the bushings make it very precise.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i had a B&M, and for me, it was completely worthless.

because it is straight, with no bend, it put the shift knob out of comfortable reach for me. in fact, with my harness on, i couldn't get it into 5th. i mis-shifted often, and was VERY disappointed with it.

i replaced it with the skunk2 dual bend, and immediately, my shifts were crisp and i didn't have any problems reaching the knob with my harness on.

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
what kind of racing were you doing that you needed to get to 5th gear? Not Drag I hope.

Just curious

B

·
0 Posts
I have installed about 10 of the straight ones in hondas/acuras. The construction is fantastic but the design is pretty weak. While the throw is reduced the stick is shortend WAY too much. Having to reach down and foreward that far is uncomfortable for many people and sacrafics functuion. at least it won't break i guess.

Z

·
0 Posts
Yep... definatly have the reach problem on my B&M. I am planning on purchasing the Skunk2 Double Bend and Skunk2 Weighted Shift Knob in the near future. I used OEM bushings on my shifter and I think the precision of the shifts could be equated to a rifle bolt. VERY precise, but way to hard to reach. Especially when you are 6'2" and have a long ways to reach anyway!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
One more for reach problems here. I'm thinking about taking it out, heating it up and putting a bend in it so I have half a chance of reaching it comfortably.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts