Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in my B&M shifter and Greddy counter weight knob yesterday and man let me tell you. I freakin love it. The throws are nice and crisp and it looks awesome. The Greddy knob weighs in at 370 grams. I am very happy with my new setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cost me $140 shipped through andysautosport. But i wouldn't use them if i were you. Took em nine weeks to get me my parts.

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and i have the prothane shift bushing as well.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah I have a B&M and I agree its awesome.

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the counter weight knob makes a big diff with the B&M. I wouldn't run it without one. I think with the Greddy the shift efforts are easier than stock. Been teaching my wife how to drive a manual trans and she actually does better now that I've gotten rid of the stock shifter.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Look like you got the straight one. The first b&m I've buy was the straight one too, and after 2 year of abuse I decided to buy the dual bent. I will never go back to the straight one! I guess it is just personal preference because a lot of people love the straight stick!
B&M Short shifter FTW

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The one I have has bends in it. It is not the straight one. Wish I had takin pics of it before I put it in, but oh well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've got the dual bend as well, love it. I put in the energy shifter bushings at the same time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just got mine in the mail. Waiting for the bushings to show up. Which way does the bend go? I 'm guessing to the front but want to be sure.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
No no, bend goes toward the back.

I have a B&M with ES bushings and a stock knob... I <3 it.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
I had an ebay short shifter and a spoon sports shift knob. Kept the knob but added prothane shifter bushingas and the B&M shifter unit. Even though I already had a "short shifter" my throw went down by 3/4 of an inch in either direction. (When measured from the dash) Its sickness, my shifts are so quick now it's redonkulous.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just got mine in the mail. Waiting for the bushings to show up. Which way does the bend go? I 'm guessing to the front but want to be sure.
The purpose of the dual bend is to move the shift knob back towards the driver.

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whoa this thread came back from the dead. :mikej: Well i got sick of the shifter hitting against the exhaust pipe cause it started to rattle really bad so I took it to a shop to have it looked at. Turns out my friend put the shifter in wrong so the mechanic fixed it for me. Only charged me 50 bucks too. Anyway, now the knob sits alot farther forward but the shifting feels even better plus no more rattle.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
can i ask how you keep a soda can in the holder? mine always flies out around turns

1 - 19 of 19 Posts