Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gassed up my car the other day and was looking at the fuel pressure gauge under the hood and noticed it was set to 51 psi. i had a b&m fpr installed and it has been working perfectly up till now. so i turned off the car and readjusted the fpr down to around the desired 43 psi and fired the car back up, and it was still at 51 psi. so long story short i took it apart, reassembled it, and it still won't work. my question is: do i really even need an adjustable one... i have a walbro 255 and dsm 450s, would it be alright just to pick up a stock one for now? and otherwise what are my other options for a new adjustable fpr that isn't absurdly priced like the aem one? and will driving my car with an elevated fuel pressure harm the engine at all?... i know it will kill my mileage but otherwise i wasn't sure if it's bad for the motor.

thanks,
jeremy

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i decided to swap back to the other fuel rail / fpr i have lying around, i just had to remove two of the support studs for the rail from the intake mani. one of the bolts that holds down the fpr broke so i went out and bought a tap tonight and ill fix it tomorrow.

thanks for the info.

and the gauge still seems to be working fine, ill check once the other fpr is on.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
yeah that design on those wasnt very good IMO
I ordered one, got it, looked at it, put it in the box and sent it back. then ordered an aem fpr and havent had a problem.

W

·
0 Posts
Youre suppose to adjust the fuel pressure with the car running and the vac. hose removed.

Did you drill out a pressure release in the regulator? We have 3 that we have used on various cars over the past 5-6 years and they all still work great.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
ditched mine for Aeromotive in 2003 when the B&M stuck wide open bleeding off all the fuel pressure. It was 2 days before Import Day and I was gonna be on the hose......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts