Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
95 Civic Hatch VX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this SS and I must say, it is quite amazing. Designed very well. Came with all the gaskets and grease needed. Straight forward install in my VX hatch.

Picked it up on ebay for less than $60 shipped :rockon:

·
Registered
840 Posts
did it maybe need you to reuse your stock bushing?? or they could have forgot to give it to you.

and thats a pretty good price i wanna see how that turned out

·
Registered
95 Civic Hatch VX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SS didn't come with a bushing kit. It only came with orange O-rings. I'm still waiting on the Energy Suspension shift linkage bushing kit. That should be in soon. I'll post another thread on that.

and I forgot to mention, I already installed the SS. Just gonna snap some pics later tonight.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I think mine, the bearing in the bottom was larger than the bolt that fit through the linkage, or vice versa, it's been a while since I tested it. I just remember something didn't line up when I went to install it. I bought mine through work for like $50 a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
95 Civic Hatch VX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think mine, the bearing in the bottom was larger than the bolt that fit through the linkage, or vice versa, it's been a while since I tested it. I just remember something didn't line up when I went to install it. I bought mine through work for like $50 a couple of years ago.
oohhhh, I know what you mean. The guide you insert into the bottom SS. I had to pack a lot of grease and mallet to get that in there. Prior to that, I was wire brushing off the rust like a mad man haha

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
So did you get a dual bend/single bend/straight shaft?

Pics of the bottom and what was used in that spot of possible.

IIRC my energy shitfer bushing kit only came with the one on the trans

·
Registered
907 Posts
I pulled the B&M dual bend off the Civic I parted out last year. IT was my bro in laws car and I helped him install it 5 years ago. Had no issues what so ever with the install then or last year when I replaced the Edlebrock single bend (towards the driver). I love mine.

·
Registered
95 Civic Hatch VX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So did you get a dual bend/single bend/straight shaft?

Pics of the bottom and what was used in that spot of possible.

IIRC my energy shitfer bushing kit only came with the one on the trans
My bad guys, didn't get to take pics last night X_X

I ended up getting the dual bend. awesome, IMO. My bushing kit has not come in yet but I'll let ya know what I get once it's received.

I was looking at getting one of those too. How was the install? Probably not to bad I would guess. About an hour?
It was like half an hour install if you don't run into any bolts or screws that don't wanna come out. Pretty straight forward on the install.

did you go with a weighted shift knob also?
I'm actually looking into this now. Still running the stock. Any you can recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
Got the same shifter......b n m dual bend.......had to reuse the stock bushing by other then that its perfect. No issues with the install like you said pretty straight forward. Got mines off craigslist for $50 bnib!

·
Registered
95 Civic Hatch VX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anything but stock, haha. having the short shifter makes it a little firm going into gear, having a weighted one is nice. its personal prefrence how heavy of one you want, lol. im picking up a 540 gram one next week.
You ain't kidding. The short shifting is great! but going into gears is firm. Payday is next week... better get my research on haha

·
Registered
95 Civic Hatch VX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the same shifter......b n m dual bend.......had to reuse the stock bushing by other then that its perfect. No issues with the install like you said pretty straight forward. Got mines off craigslist for $50 bnib!
Nice price! I've installed a Buddy Club Short Shifter into an EP3 before and it was a pain in the d!ck... no jokes. The EG was a walk in the park! :)

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I like the throw of a short shifter. But that doesn't mean we should shift faster because of it. There are guys on here who have killed trans for shifting too fast. To me it feels more precise and there is less play. Looking at a dual bend myself. My bro had a weighted knob and it felt killer so I def recommend one.

·
Registered
97 EK HATCH
473 Posts
i love this shifter to paired with the enegry shift linkage bushing and a weighed shift knob. never missed a gearand honestly it feels like the throw was shorter than my previous shifters, skunk2, ebay, stock. also the price is super fair. i liked it so much im actually on my 34th car and on all my honda's i go back to this short shifter.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts