Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 HB
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are my options for short shifters. All of them are dual bends. (all of the ones i picked out anyways) Just want to know if anyones had experience with these. i know alot of guys have B&M's on this site.

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
I've been curious about the Blackworks myself, but since it's so close in price to the Skunk2, I can't justify it.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts

The B&M comes with a bearing, correct? It's always pictured without it for some reason. When my friend got one, he had to use the bushing out of a stock shifter.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
short shifters should be called miss shift shifters

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
i just ordered a b&m and new bushings yesterday....so i'll let you know when it gets here.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
or you just can't drive

:bigok:
oh i can drive just funny when i go to the track and see all these n00bs miss shift all with short shifters lol. how many serious drag racers use short shifters even the RR guys dont.

but too actually give some input i say go for the twmperformance unit they good shifters in my opinion. there a bit pricey but its the only short shifter i would ever run if i ever do.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
They miss shifts because they are trying to shift too fast. Shorter lever = slower shift.

Then they don't understand no-lift shifting. Lift off too much and the synchro shifts to the wrong side, but I'm not gonna explain that.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
They miss shifts because they are trying to shift too fast. Shorter lever = slower shift.
oh word i totally understand the concept just some of the new guys just jump the gun without understanding how to use them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts