18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions on these?

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a B series trans, nor am I pushing 500 whp. I'm just looking for something stronger than stock. Think it's okay?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,190 Posts
yeah, hes saying itll be overkill lol

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,190 Posts
lol, $314 for chromoly replacements?

157$ a side lol

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, $314 for chromoly replacements?

157$ a side lol
I was referring to the $900 ones.

True but there is no whp rating on the chromoly ones. The one I posted originally are a tiny more expensive and have a 500 whp rating. Just don't know if anyone's used them or know of anyone who has.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
523 Posts
Ooohhhh, Glad you speak trans! Lol

Roughly 280-300ish
Unless your serious drag racing where instantaneous launches are a thing in your life, just rock the stock axles and save ya some cash :)

If you are conscious while driving, rolling in to the power instead of dump clutch, repeat, then the stock versions from any auto parts store should hold up for quite a while at that power level.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
523 Posts
Lmao. The "why not" link leads to DSS page stating "these are the new Level 0 axles...."

I don't know why I find that to be terrible marketing lol!

Someone: "Yo, what level of DSS axles you got?"

Someone else: "Level 0's bro..."

Someone: ..... (walks away) .....

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,351 Posts
Having proper clutch and slicks to match the power level really saves the axles.

Having too much clutch (stage 7+) and too much slick/stick and you'll dead hook a launch and that is when you break things.

Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, stock weight PP, 12 lb flywheel, 7500 rpm launches with 85 shot on 20x8x14 slicks at 12 psi for example. Slicks would "scratch" off the line for about a 1/2 revolution, then clutch would start to lock up and the nitrous would kick, thus causing the clutch to still slip but in a controlled manner with tach at 6,000 rpms. When the tach would start to move beyond 6k it was time to shift because by the time you reacted it would already be above 7200 rpm.

But when I upgraded the injector to Fords, I ran out of clutch on the 3-4 shift, engine stayed at 7000 rpm and the car kept pulling. .3 second slower, MPH was only .5 mph slower in the traps.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,351 Posts
And pre loading the drivetrain on the park brake reduces shock loading off the line.
Never did that....never hurt an axle either.

But did explode stock spiders with D15Beast7 NA power when it dead hooked with same above slicks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts