Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little stuck and hoping someone here can help. I can find the joints but not the axles. I've been told that all the d15b axles are the same but thought i'd get a bit better advice on that here. Hope you guys can help. I have an operating vehicle but want to try and get this resolved before the day comes that i need to change the axles. The d15z7 is the 3 stage vtec.

Here are the discontinued parts

DRIVESHAFT SET, R.
Part# 44010-S04-901

DRIVESHAFT SET, L.
Part# 44011-S04-010

I'm hoping I can find the axles within some other axle set. I have the proper joints on hand presently. I want to keep this car going for some time and have a spare engine and transmission in storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,472 Posts
pretty sure the engine doesn't use axles.....but the trans does. it would also help to know the body style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.slow. I said it was a 1997 civic vti with the d15z7 and cvt.

·
4,472 Posts
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~driveshaft~set~44011-s04-010.html

shares part numbers with

HondaCivic19991999 Honda Civic
  • 2 Door HX, 4 Door DX, 4 Door LX
KA 4AT, KA 5MT, KA CVT, KL CVT
HondaCivic19981998 Honda Civic
  • 2 Door HX, 4 Door DX, 4 Door LX
KA 4AT, KA 5MT, KA CVT, KL CVT
HondaCivic19971997 Honda Civic
  • 2 Door HX, 4 Door DX, 4 Door LX (A/C)
KA 4AT, KA 5MT, KA CVT, KL 4AT, KL 5MT, KL CVT
HondaCivic19961996 Honda Civic
  • 2 Door HX, 4 Door DX, 4 Door LX, 4 Door LX (A/C)
KA 5MT, KA CVT, KL 5MT, KL CVT
HondaDel Sol19971997 Honda Del Sol
  • 2 Door S, 2 Door SI
KA 4AT, KA 5MT, KL 4AT, KL 5MT
HondaDel Sol19961996 Honda Del Sol
  • 2 Door S, 2 Door SI
KA 4AT, KA 5MT, KL 4AT, KL 5MT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks slo, So here is my thinking/goal. I'd like to get the steel axles even if the ends are not correct. I dont know the compressed length of these complete axle assemblies on my car as they are installed now. I just would like to have axles on hand so I can have completed axle assemblies when the time comes and I can change them out with out hassle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i say ends i mean the correct splines but i have abs and would be open to axles without abs if the steel axle was correct (splines etc) sorry for the confusion.

·
4,472 Posts
I went by your part number and showed you what other cars use that part.....which would allow you to walk into any parts store and say "I need axles for a 96 del sol si"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts