Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a d16z6. Putting it in my 90 wagon. The engine came with a cable trans which i believe the z6 came with a hydro trans? Will I be able to use my existing cv axles or will I need new ones? I do need new axle seals for sure but idk what ones I should order. The ones from my car and the 94ish del sol(engine donor)are not the same. And im not sure what the trans came out of. Any way to check that?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean the z6 came with hydro from factory but my engine/trans that I got has a cable trans so not the original transmission. I definitely dont want to convert to hydro

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
If you are keeping the cable trans then nothing would change.
You are just swapping the motor correct?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am swapping the motor and trans but yes it is still going to be a cable trans. My trans is at 262k with some grinding on 3rd and reverse and i was told the one i got doesnt have any grinding

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Stay with a cable trans. Everything bolts right up. You should be able to reuse the axles from the your wagon. You should use the z6 engine mount and the cable trans mount for it to bolt up if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the cable trans was already bolted on the z6 when I got it. And I found the numbers on it, pl3/a000 4/14. I cant seem to find axle seals though. Im only seeing seals for the 4wd wagon. There is a number on the seal. 50435628r.(passenger side) But I cant find it anywhere

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pulled the seals out of the trans. They say a-10 on them. And numbers on them i thought were part numbers were actually measurements. 35mmx62mmx8mm on right side, 35mmx56mmx8mm left side. That seems to match the 92+ as you said. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts