Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side axle over tightens effortlessly to where I can’t even spin the hub anymore. Barely past finger tight is to much. The driver side tightens up just fine no issues.
Anyone know what is going here?
It’s an 88 ef sedan, the car I believe does have da knuckles to for bigger brakes. Everything on driver side works fine. I’m having passenger side issues.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
It’s an 88 ef sedan, the car I believe does have da knuckles to for bigger brakes.
axle fully seated in tranny?\

with everything in place axle nut off ,does the axle snub slide in and out of the hub freely?

is the axle butting up against the knuckle?

we need a visual :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
axle fully seated in tranny?\

with everything in place axle nut off ,does the axle snub slide in and out of the hub freely?

is the axle butting up against the knuckle?

we need a visual :)
After some digging I think the issue is a washer on the hub not allowing the axle to fit in the hub correctly. Tonight I’ll be checking that out if I’m having the same issue I’ll post picture of the axle in the trans and hub and go from there. And I’ve been having an issue of my passenger wheel sticking way out past the fender, I’ve replaced every suspension piece on this car to try and fix this problem. I’m gonna be pissed if it’s just a washer haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts