Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EG8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a diff that measures very little little radial runout (less than .003) but when set in a transmission case shows about .010 axial runout. Is this something that will change with preload on the carrier bearings or is this a sign of a bad diff?

·
Registered
EG8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll give you one guess on what diff this is...

Measured with a dial indicator on a mag-base, diff has bearings on it and it setup on some large parallels. Used some high power magnets to hold the bearings from rolling off my parallels.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Only one diff that Chris and I will no longer touch and how the MFactory diff for the D made it into production.

·
Registered
EG8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winner!
Ever seen axial runout on one? Looks like the ring gear flange wobbles. The strange part is that the radial runout is so low

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
The above diff was sent back with a fucking 20% restocking fee, plus shipping on a defective OBX LSD. I went almost two years of not installing any LSD's. The eBay seller did take part of the hit as did I. He wanted to chuck the thing through a car window when they wanted to deny any warranty.

Aquafina/Chris then did his thing.

·
Registered
EG8
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oof. Thats beyond frustrating. Unfortunately this is a second market diff and I have no recourse with OBX. I got very lucky on my last one it seems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts