Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just swapped a D15b in my 94 CX hatch....swapped old tranny over, using same axels. Now when i try to insert the axels for both drivers and passengers side into tranny they dont seem to go all the way into to seal against axel seal... i tried forcing them on both sides but neither wanna budge or go any farther in, almost 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch between tranny and inner CV , i know this isnt correct and was wondering if anyone has any ideas or fixes I can try?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Rest a piece of 2x4 aginst the inner cup and knock it in with a hammer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i will try this, but is this normal? When i took the axels out , i needed to reinsert the pass. side axel for a few minutes and it slide right back in, but after swapping the tranny to the D15b block and reinstalling the whole setup I now have this strange prob with both axels not wanting to go all the way in.... but if you think brute force is the answer i will give it a shot.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's not unusual for them to need a little force, just don't use anything larger than a 2.5 pound hammer. If you have to force them then something's wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts