Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a mechanic at the gas station friday. He was driving a wrx and I said, I wish civics came in awd. He told me that the CR-V parts would make a civic awd. He also said he was building a Teg for a friend that was going to be awd. Is this :bull: or is there truth to this? That would be kinda cool if it was possible.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
yea, lots of people AND magazines have done it

since 2000

there is a guy named inh on here, he is in the process of puttin a crv drietrain into a crx.

·
Registered
112 Posts
awd

yeah or if you didn't want to do a b series swap you could find an 88-91 awd civic wagon that came with the d16a6 and awd,

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
the awd setup in both the awd civic or the crv arent worth shit for performance without serious mods.. the civic tranny blows, and the crv rear end is only awd when the fronts start slipping, so unless you're goin offroading, you have some work to do :p

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
there is a guy on teamsolcal.com who has a awd del sol.. using crv suspension... ill try and get his username.. he rallys his sol also.. i guess its pretty bitchen

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
hehe, according to that site its only $2300 to ship a civic to canada.. ;)

there is a guy on teamsolcal.com who has a awd del sol.. using crv suspension... ill try and get his username.. he rallys his sol also.. i guess its pretty bitchen
His name is rallysol, and there is a massive thread on it on HT here
His team socal thread, which goes in to more detail and is a bit longer, is here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts