Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt think that the civic ever came in awd, even in japan. i know that there were some late 80s-early 90s wagon that had awd, dut this says its from a 96. not interested in getting it myself, but i thought it was pretty interesting. it gave my some ideas tho!

AWD

T

·
0 Posts
Well here's the question Sir Bone...

What's the torque split? Is it beefier then the Wagovan tranny?

Hmmm. CRX with Integra AWD, Integra AWD rear control arms and custom CRX back half. Hmmm.

Would probably have to modify the shift linkage and such, and try to find halfshafts that fit. Plus it seems that tranny on Ebay doesn't come with a rear diff or halfshafts either, so I'd have to locate those. But I think it could be done.

Hell, I'm sure it HAS been done.

Stimulate my curiosity Bone.

- James

PS- Just noticed I'd have to do the cable to hydraulic conversion too. But if memory serves me correctly, doesn't Hasport make an adaptor??

·
0 Posts
Btw I did look into that at one point , the trailing arms on the 91 awd are teh same part number but teh stub axel is different, I also have a cad jig diagram
that will work if you change your fuel tank to a fuel cell in a ef chassis
with the zc / awd tranny & a ford center link (2 part drive line) with a irs mount like a jag or datsun or vet and teh awd 91 cv's

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would be all over this if I had any confidence that I could make it work on the ol grocery getter... my long term goal has been to make the 4-door civic keep up with my WRX on the AutoX course... this could be the missing link...

I bet I'd end up fabbing all the rear end driveline though... anyone know what the ratio on the rear diff would need to be... and does the honda have a center diff? Any links to read up on this?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Keeping up with the WRX's in AUTOX???
The secret is LIGHTNESS
STS 89-91 Si Hatches kick azz.

Adding 4wd hardware would seem to go the opposite way adding weight

·
Registered
122 Posts
transzex said:
just only 10% power goes to the back, and you get funky cable shifted 6 speed tranny.
Oh... well that hardly seems worth the effort then...

STS would be a good class, but motor swap + turbo = SM. Which is a place no 4-door civic belongs. It's still fun to get groceries in though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts