Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 16x8 +25 wheels and I'm trying to put them on my EG but I really dont know what size tires I should get. I currently have 13' steelies and about to put in some coilovers to raise the car a bit to fit the wheels.
I was reccommended 205/60/16 but they look way to big.
Should i go 205/45/16?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I run 205/40 17 on my 17x7.5s. Your 16x8's might like the 40 series too, you are gunna have to massage those fenders or go 4x4, or get crafty. You are dealing with .5 an inch on each corner over mine. My wheels sit 2mm inside my fenders.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would do 215s personally at the least on 8s(smallest recommended size for 8s). BUT if you want that stretched look get 205/50r16s so your sidewalls can safely stretch, your tires diamater will be a little smaller when streching them so the 205/50s stretched would prob be as tall as the 205/45s unsteched.
Like whoshot said your fenders might rub so roll and pull them if you already havent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to try out the 215/45 or 50/16s this weekend and I'll post pics. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
The 50 might take you taller then mine, I feel like they are too big for the opening. Looks good but not as functional.

Either way you will be missing an inch on your turn in, so a mini van will turn tighter then you, or you will rub the inner shoulder off faster then you are used too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
if your gonna run 215s then get a 45 sidewall. Although id run 215/40-16 on an eg personally.
I just mentioned to use no smaller than a 50 series sidewall when stretching the tires so you dont hurt yourself on the road.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I would say dont stretch a tire if you are concerned with safety.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any update on the tires you chose? I'm looking to get 16x8 25 offset for my EJ. I'm running a 15x8.25 0 offset with a 165/45. And I wanna get rid of that stretched look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts