Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
My Integra gets 36-40, but I drive like a grandma because I have a rod knock.

Stupid Y series blocks....

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Arent there some civics that will get almost 40?
close to it but most are 06 and up.

I know the new 2013 civic gets like 40 freeway and 32 streets.

but to get great fuel mpg you need to have a wideband o2 and retune the car. There is only so much you can do with a stock setup tho.
And just make sure everything on the car is good. Spark plugs, wires, tire psi, engine health etc..

·
Registered
274 Posts
My 5 speed d16z6 sol got about 38mpg every tank. 35mpg if i drove like an ass. and 40mpg if i took a highway trip to the beach. Literally would make it there in back in one tank(8 hour drive)

With the turbo on, i now get 30mpg every tank and thats with driving and using the turbo a good bit. I'd imagine if i stay out of boost i could get 34 mpg

My friends d16z6 94 coupe (auto) only gets 28mpg. The transmission makes a big difference on what mpg's you'll get

·
Registered
93 VX hb
16 Posts
Better late than never. I get 40-45 mpg with the almighty z1 with 16x7 wheels that makes a difference. On the regular vx 13x5 its up to 48ish on the granny driving.

·
Registered
657 Posts
5G VX (D15Z1) was the MPG king, IMO.

My CX (5g D15B8 ) was getting a little over 40mpg if I were driving it gently. Then I cracked a ring.

My current 10.7:1 C/R D16Z6 is getting between 30.8 MPG and 41 MPG. All depends on how I drive. Lower number is from driving like an asshole, 41 is from driving veerrrrrrry gently, and mostly freeway miles. Also, this is running on my '92 CX hatchback, so it's nice and lightweight. I'm sure that helps a lot.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
My last EF sedan had a d15b2 w/z6 IM & converted to OBD1 running ectune. It got 40mpg, but actually a bit higher if I'd corrected for the larger integra tire size. That's mostly highway miles and slightly spirited accelleration. My two Z6 turbo engines usually got 25-30 MPG, but I have a heavy foot when a turbo is involved.

FYI some people think they can drive efficiently, but most people don't even come close to being a "hypermiler". I know I'm not.

·
Registered
Everything
387 Posts
Already getting 56-57mpg. I'm now shooting for 60mpg with these new add on. Rear wheel cover and extended wing.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts
My last EF sedan had a d15b2 w/z6 IM & converted to OBD1 running ectune. It got 40mpg, but actually a bit higher if I'd corrected for the larger integra tire size. That's mostly highway miles and slightly spirited accelleration. My two Z6 turbo engines usually got 25-30 MPG, but I have a heavy foot when a turbo is involved.

FYI some people think they can drive efficiently, but most people don't even come close to being a "hypermiler". I know I'm not.
If I get 38-40mpg driving a turbo car hard, there's no way I'm going to waste driving like a hypermiller lol

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
4th gen sedan w/B16a3
33mpg city/beating it
39mpghwy/beating it

I never drive it nice!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts