Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am slowly looking at doing the auto to manual conversion, but itll still be a while before I do it.

So I know 99% of the answers lean to the ex/si transmissions, but would that be the same for a boosted setup? Supercharged upto about 10psi. I know with boosted apps its sometimes better for longer gears.

As it stands now, shell still be my DD, but that may change. Obviously I still want it streetable. Not a big chunk out of the gas mileage!

Primarily this change is for autox, granted it might throw me into a wild class. If anyone has the know how about tranny swaps in autox classing let me know.

Thankx in advance.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Who started this long gears are better for boost rumor? I hear it over and over from people who don't have turbos (like myself)
people who put LS trannys on their boosted b16's.

the thing is tho the ls tranny is geared ALOT like the ex/si tranny so use it!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who started this long gears are better for boost rumor? I hear it over and over from people who don't have turbos (like myself)
Dunno if its a rumor, just seems like every other tranny/boost post people are wanting to use y7 or whatever trannys because they say ex/si are too short.

But thanks everyone, looks like ill be picking one of these up sometime soon.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
are my posts invisible? lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I can see, changing the tranny might put you in Prepared. Check the rules your self to be sure., i was looking @ a chart that I found that makes a good guide but is not a substitute.
Good luck
Thats what I am assuming as well, however I have not found out for sure. Ive browsed through the rule book, but the damnt thing requires an afternoon to grasp it all.

Thanks anyways

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Yep, Pepared, and you might as well find an OBX (or better) LSD, since you are putting down good power. An EX trans would be a fine fit...

I think when B-series folks are talking about taller trannys matched with boost, the 'taller' trannys they are referring to are something geared like a d-series EX trans.

·
Registered
999 Posts
well being prepared aint too bad... if ur region doesnt have any competitors in E prepared haha

Reactions: lilred

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
it can all be for what you want to? (Speaking from a b series stand point) a ls trans has longer gears better for a "hw" run as the b16 trans would be geared for say like a 1/4 run? its all in what you want out of it...i liked my ex trans

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
EX = LS as far as gear ratios.

So the whole DX is better then EX is retarded IMO, after a certain amount of HP you need slicks, so the car with EX/SI trans will smoke the car with DX trans if they both have slicks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.