Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got done tearing my d16a6 down and after i get the block honed i am going to start the rebuild. but my question is what parts (gaskets bearings rods pistons etc..) will i want to rebuild it with to be able to have it run strong and be reliable since it will be a daily driver and will see a few races. plus several autox events. and i am planning on going N/A unless a t25 would be fine for autox. im just not sure who to buy gaskets from since i have never bought any before and if i even need to go with after market rods and pistons?

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Gonna get roasted in something of the SM variety (rusty on rules as I haven't read them since 06).

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
You aren't going to be competitive in anything other than a stock or prepared class. As soon as you modify the engine internally (more than just a stock rebuild), add forced induction, or even strip out interior bits, you aill get your heinie handed to you.

If you don't care and just want to learn to drive your car better, then rock on with your bad self. However, you shouldn't be asking about what you should build an engine for before deciding on what class you are going to run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts